I'm back on 'The bomb'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you guys have that feeling that this album will go down as U2's best. I'm still memorized by the music and looking so foward to hearing the tunes live. I was a fan of ATYCLB but it didn't stick with me as a U2 great like Auctung Baby, UF, JT, and POP. HTDAAB I think has the potential to to just go down as a classic.

U2DMfan said:

No. It's a fine album and all, but it won't be considered U2's best even if it was, and it isn't.

People who state opinions as if they were facts annoy me.

SpaceBoy said:

People who state opinions as if they were facts annoy me.

My opinion is that it's a fine album and all, and the fact is that it won't be considered U2's best EVEN IF IT IS, as I stated prior, and also my opinion is that it's not.

There is no possible or logical way that this album will be considered U2's best and that is a fact and people who can't see the forrest thru the trees annoy me.

Find me someone who agrees that HTDAAB is U2's best album, that isn't some die hard fan posting on Interference.com.

Find me one reputable critic who thinks HTDAAB is their best album.

And even if it was, even if this was legitimately U2's best album, there would be MORE people who are stuck in the Joshua Tree/Achtung phase and believe U2 can never and will never top it. That's a fact. Don't believe it? Wake up and smell the coffee, grow up, or both.

U2DMfan said:
Find me someone who agrees that HTDAAB is U2's best album, that isn't some die hard fan posting on Interference.com.

Find me one reputable critic who thinks HTDAAB is their best album.

And even if it was, even if this was legitimately U2's best album, there would be MORE people who are stuck in the Joshua Tree/Achtung phase and believe U2 can never and will never top it. That's a fact. Don't believe it? Wake up and smell the coffee, grow up, or both.

:up: This album is good but nowhere near the best.

DMfan is right about the fact that even if you believe this is U2s best album and thats fine that you do there are many people out there that are stuck on either Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby being the best and that is the majority of the fanbase so even if theoretically U2 made what they considered to be their best album I doubt the fanbase would see it that way.

The "best album" subject is subjective at best. I don't know how we can identify one U2 album as the best. There are certainly quite a few "great" albums, but everyone has an opinion as to which one is the best.

My "best" album changes on each listen.

boystupidboy said:
I think that it it definately in the top 3 u2 albums.There again in 6 months time i may hate it.............or it might be u2 best:huh:
My opinion changes constantly:ohmy:

Same here. I'm thankful that I'm a fan of a band that has so many great albums, that I can't even decide which one I like the best. Most bands will have only one definite "greatest album". With U2, you have a choice. One day, The Joshua Tree is my favourite. The next, it's Achtung Baby or HTDAAB. And that's what I love most about this band - the fact that there's so much fantastic music to choose from.

GibsonGirl said:

Same here. I'm thankful that I'm a fan of a band that has so many great albums, that I can't even decide which one I like the best. Most bands will have only one definite "greatest album". With U2, you have a choice. One day, The Joshua Tree is my favourite. The next, it's Achtung Baby or HTDAAB. And that's what I love most about this band - the fact that there's so much fantastic music to choose from.
Absolutely,so many albums ,so much quality:|

"Same here. I'm thankful that I'm a fan of a band that has so many great albums, that I can't even decide which one I like the best. Most bands will have only one definite "greatest album". With U2, you have a choice. One day, The Joshua Tree is my favourite. The next, it's Achtung Baby or HTDAAB. And that's what I love most about this band - the fact that there's so much fantastic music to choose from"

This IS THE GREATEST OPINION
Im 100% with you!!

YES....HTDAAB IS ONE OF U2'S BEST

GibsonGirl said:

Amen to that!

HTDAAB is my third favourite I'd say...can't wait to hear/see it alive! I mean, it's really just a bloody brilliant album. Every song is classic. It doesn't quite have the flow of albums like JT, AB, and Pop, but the fact that every track is amazing is, well, amazing :p

Original of the Species... :drool:

yes what a song Original of the Species....wonderful!
And it is a brilliant record
It has IMO 6 of the greatest U2 songs ever:

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. City Of Blinding Lights
5. Original Of The Species
6. Yahweh

Just think of it.....what an achievment!

The Greatest Band Ever!

Back
Top Bottom