I'm back from Denver :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raincloud

The Fly
This was one of the worst trips I've ever taken.

Here's the story. My fiance', 2 friends and I left Tuesday night for Denver to see the band (we're in KC btw) and we got to the Pepsi Center bright and early. We did the waiting thing all day...lotsa fun!!
smile.gif
We waited to get in, we got in the heart, we got up by where Adam was going to be, we had some food, we had some drink, No Doubt came on...

Then...about 3 songs in, I started feeling sick and then during the 4th song, I collapsed. My friend and fiance' dragged me out to the security people and then they took me to 1st Aid. I seemed to start to come out of it but then I realized that I still couldn't see very well.

This whole time, My fiance' and I were assuring everyone that I'd only had 1/3 of a beer and no drugs have ever entered my body. Well, for some reason that we still don't know, I became more and more incoherent. They decided to take me to the Hospital and I hear that I fought all the way in the Ambulance. I was there until about 2:30am getting tests and everything else. They STILL have no Idea what made me pass out and get incoherent.

So, to make a long story even longer, I didn't get to get a glimpse of the band. nothing. zip. My fiance' had to go back and get our friends so he caught the end of One and then Walk On so he at least got that.

Then, I call my mother and tell her that I'm in the hospital and she says, "you haven't been getting enough sleep!" So she makes sure that I'm OK at that point and then she proceeds to tell me that my horse Bonovox is really sick and that they are going to have to put him down. They did this yesterday while we were on our way home.
frown.gif

So, this week has been a really bad one. The only good thing is that U2 is coming to KC in a few weeks and so we have a chance to go again.
smile.gif

Well, i've rambled long enough...I hope everyone's day is better than my week.

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."

[This message has been edited by raincloud (edited 11-09-2001).]

Oh, raincloud!!!! I am so sorry!!!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif

((((((((raincloud))))))))))

I'm especially sorry about your horse...that really is a bigger loss than missing U2, IMO.

I've fainted at times in the past without them finding anything wrong...they figured I wasn't sleeping and eating enough and that I was stressed out. What a bad time for things like that to catch up with you though!
frown.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Oh man raincloud! That is awful. I feel so bad for you. I hope you are feeling better and my heart goes out to regarding your horsey. What a sad story. Big *hugs* to you. I am so glad that you have the opportunity to see them in KC. May the U2 Gods be with you then. It seems they took the day off whilst you were in Denver.

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Oh, raincloud!!!! I am so sorry!!!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif

((((((((raincloud))))))))))

I'm especially sorry about your horse...that really is a bigger loss than missing U2, IMO.

I've fainted at times in the past without them finding anything wrong...they figured I wasn't sleeping and eating enough and that I was stressed out. What a bad time for things like that to catch up with you though!
frown.gif

I think that's what happened...as far as the sleep and food.

I'm pretty shaken up about my horse...it's MUCH bigger than the concert and I'm trying to deal with it...
frown.gif

------------------

awww, raincloud, that's terrible. i am so sorry that things are not going well for you- why is it that everything bad seems to happen all at once? i hope that things start to look up for you- i'm sure they will. actually, they already are, since U2 annuonced the KC date.
smile.gif

and i'm really sorry about your horse. it's so hard to lose a pet... just remember that he's in horse-heaven right now, much happier than he was here on earth.
smile.gif

good luck to you, raincloud!

OH no-that's so sad-especially about your horse.

But maybe, on the brighter side, you've 'used up' all your bad luck, and things can only get better.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you.

{{{{raincloud}}}}

May you find much grace and strength to come through the loss of your horse.

I think we should make sure U2 security knows that you need tix for the KC show. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Principle Management to ensure raincloud gets to see U2 in KC?????

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

I'm so sorry raincloud..... Thats just awful that you didn't get to see any of the concert...

What happened to your horse??? Colic, something like that? Being a horse person, its never easy to say goodbye to an equine-friend.... So sorry for your lose..

Awwwwwwwww i'm so sorry
frown.gif
frown.gif

That must have been so scary to pass out and stuff at the concert, also sometimes you don't have enough oxygen and that could cause you to pass out too

I"m sorry to hear about your Horse
frown.gif

I hope you feel better soon *hugs*

Thank you for your sympathy everyone...My horse was a relatively new horse to me-I'd only had him about 2 weeks and he came down with a TERRIBLE case of Strangles...We're still trying to figure out how and where it came from. We think we were lied to about where he came from and his history and so we're trying to trace what exactly happened. He was a rescue case, too so we knew that he had some problems but not this bad...neither of the vets that we had check him out caught it.
frown.gif

Hey! If anyone does know how to get ahold of Principle Management!!! That'd be awesome but I doubt that'll happen...Thanks again all.

------------------

Hey, I'm the fiance' guy...

Without a doubt one of the scariest nights of my life. It's not cool to watch your poor girl fight (because she is out of it and has no idea what's going on) with the emergency workers while they are trying to put an iv in her arm... I'm just glad she seems ok today...

raincloud, I'm really sorry to hear that things didn't go well, and that you lost your horse. There's hope you'll get to the show in KC, that will make up for what you missed
smile.gif
. Glad to hear your ok!

raincloud, I'm so sorry..about it all.
Good luck to you and tkramer.

Back
Top Bottom