I'm BAAACK!!!!!!!!!! Chicago was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
I just got home a few hours ago from my Chicago Elevation experience, and let me just say that 10/15 was the very best U2 show I have EVER seen! ('k, maybe I'm just a little biased cause of what happened after...lol)

****When someone gets boots of these shows, PLEASE PLEASE e-mail me and I can do a B&P...I don't have a friggin' burner. Also, any pics of Larry during mine and ladyLemon's moment would be more than greatly appreciated!****

*I am really tired so forgive any crappy writing right now...*
We had gotten to the UC (me, ShelsRaging, LadyLemon and some of her friends) at 5am. It was so cold that day, gotta love midwestern falls.
tongue.gif
Anyway, we ended up finding and getting in the GA line at 6am. We were #85-89 in line, and we were pretty happy about that!
smile.gif
The night before, LadyLemon and I decided to make signs for Larry, asking for his sticks. We figured it wouldn't hurt to try. (Thanks, Kath!) So, after a LOOOOOONG day in the GA line (OK, I met Cookie, but where were you all?! Blargh!)6pm comes and we get our wristbands and rush into the heart...we got 2nd row, Adam's side. Kristina and I were happy over that-maximum Larry viewing. lol

Garbage-I have to say their set last night was better, well...lol OK, it was better mainly because they were in such a funny mood, I don't know. Shirley was so bad-assed Monday, you've got to love her. She's so tiny!! The bass player...can he turn that thing down some?! LOL Anyway, they were very cool both nights.

So, Garbage goes off, Sgt. Pepper, yadda-yadda...Here comes Influx!! Holy feck, it was AMAZING seeing them come on!!!!!
eek.gif

I swear, I was halfway out of film by the time Beautiful Day was done. lol The show was amazing, I had not one dry eyes during One/POE/Walk On, but the very end....OH MY!!!!!

Kristina and I had our Larry signs up only about 4-6 times during the show. We saw him reading them and smiling as he played. (It killed us that we made him smile!!) He was in an awesome mood that night-he was smiling and laughing all over the place. So, anyway, the show ends, and they're all waving, etc. We see Larry get up, and we're like, "Hmmm". So then, here he comes, a man on a mission...he comes over, plops down on the stage, and smiling (*faints*)leans over to give each of us a stick! It was cool too, when he came over all of a sudden there was a huge crush over on that part of the heart, and people in front of us were trying to grab them away. But he shook his head, "No", and with that smug signature Larry look, made sure he handed each of us our sticks before he got up and went offstage!!!

We were hugging everyone and laughing and jumping up and down and flashing the sign at anyone who would look at it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It was awesome, guys. I was (and AM!) on such a high now, I can't believe I got one! I don't even know what to do with it now...it's just unbelievable.

Show #2 was fantastic as well...but I had GC this time. *ick* lol Yes, one night in the heart and I'm spolied for life. lol I openly wept during One, and as soon as the show was over I did not want to go back to the hotel. (P.E.D setting in?)

Anyway, I am writng on 24+ hours w/o sleep, and very very little food. I think I may go take a nap with my Larry stick in a few. lol

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

One U2 GA ticket: $45

Take out food in the GA line: $5

Larry smiling at you while handing you the best souvenier of your life: PRICELESS

biggrin.gif

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
One U2 GA ticket: $45

Take out food in the GA line: $5

Larry smiling at you while handing you the best souvenier of your life: PRICELESS

biggrin.gif

More like $2 for hot chocolate water, but still....same difference.

biggrin.gif

*runs to room to look at and touch drumstick again*

I am such an exuberant U2 fan today.

------------------

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

I know I was a babbling fool after I got my stick...and it sat in front of me at my computer for at least a couple weeks before I put it in a safe place with all of my other mementos.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Yes, that's what I said!!! That beautiful face smiling right at us a foot away was absolutely priceless. I would not hesitate to do it all again, even though we froze our asses off (being from Cleveland you'd think I'd know better than to wear my flip flops when it's 40 degrees out
rolleyes.gif
). I'm still gushing. Quick, somebody slap me!!!

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Yes, that's what I said!!! That beautiful face smiling right at us a foot away was absolutely priceless. I would not hesitate to do it all again, even though we froze our asses off (being from Cleveland you'd think I'd know better than to wear my flip flops when it's 40 degrees out
rolleyes.gif
). I'm still gushing. Quick, somebody slap me!!!

You and those flip flops!!!!
eek.gif
I am still shocked you have all ten toes left after that day!!!
biggrin.gif

It was very well worth it!!! And with what Mirrorball Girl said in another thread about him giving out sticks...makes these sticks even more special!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
So then, here he comes, a man on a mission...he comes over, plops down on the stage, and smiling (*faints*)leans over to give each of us a stick! ... But he shook his head, "No", and with that smug signature Larry look, made sure he handed each of us our sticks before he got up and went offstage!!!

OMG April, I'm so happy for you!!
biggrin.gif

Bring it to Vegas so he can sign it for you before the show.

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS [No thanks to Propaganda - BLAH!]

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

I'm so happy for you guys, April! It seems that so many good things this tour are happening to people who really deserve them. I'm still reeling from last night. 24 hours ago it was almost time for Garbage to start playing! I still haven't really slept, but I'm past caring at this point. Somehow if I don't sleep it feels like it's still the same really long, REALLY awesome day beginning with Monday's show.

By the way, yeah, Garbage was so cool last night! Shirley was in a great mood. And even if I didn't get one of Larry's drumsticks, I did get one of Garbage's guitar picks!

I also have a photo of Bono arriving Tuesday if it comes out. We were hanging around the back entrance really early, because we were kind of loopy due to lack of sleep and figured we'd get there before there were 100 people or so like Monday. There were about 7 people on our side of the fence at 2:15 when Bono and Edge's car arrived! Bono got out and said they couldn't stop (odd, since that seemed to be exactly what they were doing
wink.gif
) because they were late for a photo shoot. I asked him if he minded if I took a picture of him, and he paused for a moment, made a very entertaining face, and said "No" in a vaguely amused voice. "We are going to a photo shoot!" So I took the photo, but it was kind of backlit by the sky, so who knows. It was so cool that he stopped though! (Larry and Adam arrived about 15 minutes later, but didn't stop.)

Garbage's bass player is hot! Too bad the bass almost blew my head off during south bend and chicago...

------------------

Still Elevated...

Yay popwhore is back!

And well I cant say that the bassist of garbage is hot... the lead singer on the other hand!

Has anyone seen joydrop live? other than me? another hot lead singer if I do say so!

So many beautiful women that I could never possibly have... lol! its not fair!

Welcome back, April!

We missed you. Thank you for sharing your incredible story with us!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Thanks, you guys!!! It was quite the time! I definitely want to go back, maybe next summer. I want to see more of the sites, and hopefully the Sears Tower (if it's not closed.) There was just too much U2 going on to do much else!
wink.gif

Yes, the guys do seem to be truly happy to be here, and especially Larry! He's sounded like he's been in an awesome mood this tour!
smile.gif
I would love to bring the stick to Vegas, but by then it might be in a glass case with 5 Larry-lookalike security guards surrounding it in my room.
wink.gif

------------------

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Larry-lookalike security guards, eh? Hmmmm, where do you find those? Let me know...
biggrin.gif

I just got my concert pics back, and they're sooo good! I'm so happy! Unfortunately none of Larry giving out his sticks Monday (I was up on the 300 level so it wouldn't have done much good anyway
wink.gif
) but I do have some pretty good shots of Larry behind the drum kit Tuesday. Yay! Plus I got back with my photos and checked the mail and there was the new issue of Details waiting for me with Bono on the cover!!! It's a good day, folks.

------------------
"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

I'm dropping off my film today. I got my South Bend pictures developed in an hour, so they were expensive, and they came out shitty anyway!!!! Send me some good vibes that mine come out well this time...

------------------

Still Elevated...

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
I just got my concert pics back, and they're sooo good! I'm so happy! Unfortunately none of Larry giving out his sticks Monday (I was up on the 300 level so it wouldn't have done much good anyway
wink.gif
) but I do have some pretty good shots of Larry behind the drum kit Tuesday. Yay! Plus I got back with my photos and checked the mail and there was the new issue of Details waiting for me with Bono on the cover!!! It's a good day, folks.

GAH!!! Want to see pics now! NOW!!!
mad.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"We're thinking of playing a show in Chicago every Monday night. What do you think? We could get a place here. Edge could open up a corner grocery. Ok, a hardware store. Larry could open a securities business. Adam could be Larry's body guard."
-Bono, Chicago: 10-16-01

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
GAH!!! Want to see pics now! NOW!!!
mad.gif

biggrin.gif
Patience, my dear. You'll see them soon.

------------------

I just got mine back, and they were so good!!! Too damn bad I took so many of Garbage and had only 24 exp.
mad.gif
BUT-they came out good!!! I need a scanner damnit! I'll get my cousin to scan them (plus a new one of me I REALLY want on the Photo Album) this weekend.
biggrin.gif
Again, if ANYONE has any good pics of Larry up close or giving us the sticks, e-mail me!!! U2Angel92@aol.com

Whoooooo-still elevated, baby!!!

------------------

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

April, I have 3 not-too-shabby Tuesday photos of Larry. Not sure how great they are, but I'll e-mail them over to you and let you be the judge. (I have no way to post these on the internet, or I'd just do that.)

------------------

OK, I'm hoping for good pics from April and Kathleen now!!!!

I need a good camera...blah.

------------------

Still Elevated...

oh please post your photos- especially the ones of you and larry's drumsticks! we'd all love to see them!!
smile.gif

I would if I had a scanner and knew how to post pics...kathleen has that picture of us too and those will be posted I'm sure...

smile.gif

------------------

Still Elevated...

Blarg to you computer perephial devices impaird!!!

*sigh

Someone just mail them to me, I'll get em all up the day I get them, and mail them back immediatly.

!! I'm a picture freak and I need help !!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

Awww, you guys, I'm so happy for both of you!!! That is amazing!!
eek.gif
Glad you two had fun!!

------------------
No whos or whys
No-one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the colour in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I am getting the pic from Kristina soon and will tie my cousin down to a scanner this weekend and get them scanned so hopefully by Monday they will be up.
smile.gif

I have one of Adam and Bono that's especially good. I can't wait to see how good Kath's came out!!!

biggrin.gif

PS-Thanks, Mirrorball Girl, I'll check them out!!

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Back
Top Bottom