I'm a U2 geek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl416

Rock n' Roll Doggie
and if you don't know where you're going...any roa
Wasn't sure where to post this...but I was doing a crossword the other day during my lunch (note: geek) and one of the clues was "U2's front man" and I was all excited and showed a few of my co-workers.

Hopefully I'm not the only one of my kind out there. ;)

I thought the technical term was "U2 dork" but whatever, I know I'm one :)

what a relief. people here at work look at me like I'm nuts. I have 2 8x10 pictures of Bono that I took before the Milwaukee Vertigo show up near my desk, and people are like, when are you going to take those down? Or call him Sonny Bono. Some guy even asked if I liked country music (Bono was wearing a cowboy hat). Oh well, at least some of you guys out there understand. :wink:

Yahweh said:
I hate that Sonny Bono comment that people make it makes me mad lol

I have 'bono' alerts - if any stories are posted on google news contain the word 'bono' google emails them to me.
About 50% are about sonny bono :mad:
:up: U2 dorks!

machhug.jpg

My sister has a patented roll of the eyes perfected when I make some absurd connection between the original topic of conversation and my boys.

And I can do that with anything. Absolutely anything.

:nerd:

:wink:

Last night me and my friend Ashley (not really a U2 fan) were driving to dinner and I was telling her about the book signings and how amazing it would be to get to say hello and shake hands with each member, especially for me being a fan for a billion years and never met them. Then I was telling her about Headache's meeting and how he thought he sounded like a douche because he was tired and U2 just has this 'thing' about them that makes people weak in the knees and not know what to say and how I'd probably be like "Hi, I'm .....haba daba daba daba". All of a sudden the person behind me honks at me. I look around and I realized I've been sitting at a stop sign for about 5 minutes :lol: :coocoo: thinking it was a red light or something. Ashley's like "SEE what they do to you! :lol:" We were cracking up. I guess you had to be there :wink:

neutral said:
^ I wonder if the boys like Cheerios. Or other kinds of cereal maybe.... :drool:
I'm not sure exactly where this quote is originally from, a radio interview maybe?

Bono: It gets boring to say U2 are great, and in Ireland they have had this rammed down their throats for years and they're fed up. I also think it's a very healthy thing to be cynical about rock 'n roll groups. And I think it's particularly good to be cynical about rock 'n roll groups that aspire to the sort of things U2 do.

Edge: Go on! Be horrible to us, be horrible to us!

Bono: I do understand it, I would obviously prefer praise ...

Adam: Listen ... we're not a packet of cornflakes, you know what I mean?

Bono: That's very deep, Adam, could you explain that?

Adam: Well, do you buy cornflakes depending on where the money's going?

Edge (after thoughtful pause): Well I buy Rice Krispies anyway ...

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Most of us are total U2 geeks around here.

I have over 700 U2 photos on my hard drive :crazy:

:shocked:

:shifty:

:whistle: *does not have 6.394 photo's on her harddrive*

hehe, like others I can turn ANY conversation onto U2... :wink: and ofcourse I'm geekish enough to have Bono cookies... and tomorrow with biology we need to bring part of our lunch so we can put it under a microscope(yea useful, not!) and I"m gonna bring a cookie :lol: I wonder if all the cells in the cookie have little shades on!

Raven Blue, thats the same as me,when we get deliveries at work at the end of the week,they always say "Have A Good Weekend" i always reply "You Too"and that gets me singing one of their songs, after they have gone obviously.lol

lol i do stuff like that all the time. When i see Bono in the papers or u2 are mentioned i tell my mates lol.

:reject:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Most of us are total U2 geeks around here.

I have over 700 U2 photos on my hard drive :crazy:
I had around 900 of just one era before my computer crashed.
I need some serious help.

*Pets cat named Bono for comfort* Oh, damnit I give up.

:shifty:

I once risked getting fired from a job so that I could hear an interview with Bono on the radio. I went in to work, did the time card thing and then walked back out to my car and started driving around listening to the radio. It was totally worth it, too. Bono called Mike Mills' (REM) mom to wish her a happy mother's day during the interview. :cute:

Somehow, no one noticed I was missing for over 45 minutes.

Sicy said:
Last night me and my friend Ashley (not really a U2 fan) were driving to dinner and I was telling her about the book signings and how amazing it would be to get to say hello and shake hands with each member, especially for me being a fan for a billion years and never met them. Then I was telling her about Headache's meeting and how he thought he sounded like a douche because he was tired and U2 just has this 'thing' about them that makes people weak in the knees and not know what to say and how I'd probably be like "Hi, I'm .....haba daba daba daba". All of a sudden the person behind me honks at me. I look around and I realized I've been sitting at a stop sign for about 5 minutes :lol: :coocoo: thinking it was a red light or something. Ashley's like "SEE what they do to you! :lol:" We were cracking up. I guess you had to be there :wink:

:up: X10000 :lol: And you know what? If Ashley had been a U2 fan, I bet instead of giving you the stink-eye for upsetting other motorists, she'd have flipped them off & yelled at them out the window, "Hold your horses- we were discussing VITAL MATTERS!!!!!"

:lmao: :

I have an image of one of them sitting around a table with a bowl of rice krispies holding it up and listening to the snap, crackle and "Pop" :lol: ok ok bad pun.

I'm such a dork, I walk around saying "It's a beautiful day" at work when the sun is out. Not "it's so nice today" or "the sun is out", or "it's so warm out"....nope, "It's a beautiful day"

partygirlvox said:

I have 'bono' alerts - if any stories are posted on google news contain the word 'bono' google emails them to me.
About 50% are about sonny bono :mad:
:up: U2 dorks!

takesthecake.jpg

:wink:

:shifty: I didn't know you could do that :shifty:

How was the rest of People Magazine? I'll give you a clue for # 5 down: Raiders of the Lost ___. It rhymes with "ark".

And oh yes. Dork... I'll show you dork.

I got so excited when I saw these at the store that I had to buy a box:

ishfwilf.jpg

They tasted terrible :|

U2Girl416 said:
I'm such a dork, I walk around saying "It's a beautiful day" at work when the sun is out. Not "it's so nice today" or "the sun is out", or "it's so warm out"....nope, "It's a beautiful day"
What about "It's cold outside, but brightly lit" when it's cold :wink:

Does it make me a geek if ive listened to this about hmmm 20 times in a row?

ttp://mp. aol.com/audio.index.adp?pmmsid=1726909

U2Girl416 said:
Wasn't sure where to post this...but I was doing a crossword the other day during my lunch (note: geek) and one of the clues was "U2's front man" and I was all excited and showed a few of my co-workers.

Hopefully I'm not the only one of my kind out there. ;)

You're not the only one. I have had 1000 million of those moments. I was watching Spicks & Specks (a music quiz show) and they had to match the first half of a song title with the first one, and I got sooooo excited to see 'Daddy's Gonna Pay' and 'For Your Crashed Car' up there.

Back
Top Bottom