If you're a New englander, a reason to hate Britney Spears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
OK...U2 Providence tix go on sale Saturday at 10AM.
Now they have announced Britney Spears Fleetcenter tickets will go on sale...you guessed it...Saturday 10AM.
If you thought Ticketmaster would be hard to reach before, add thousands of teeny boppers to the mix jamming up the same phone lines and bogging down TM's online server... bad things man, bad things.

I know-I can't believe they'd be THAT STUPID!!

And that full page ad in The Globe-ugh.

*she gets on my last nerve*

Hopefully all the teenybops will be so overcome with Britney fever that they'll forget how to dial the phone or work the computer.

Just further proof that Ticketmaster is stupid and EVIL.

The same sort of thing happened to me trying to buy Philly tickets last Saturday!

Oysterhead, some jam band, was on sale the same time as U2 so the line was filled with U2 and Oysterhead fans. I was 3rd in line but the person in front of me was there for Oysterhead so the salesman had to go through the computer to get him his tickets and by the time I was able to buy GA's were GONE! Agh!

me and ticketmaster vs. teenyboppers

underconstruction.gif

Like I keep saying---at least you guys get a show. Kansas City gets the American Royal Rodeo and WWF RAW is WAR during the time frame U2 could have played there. I guess there were some issues with GA anyway, so Kemper Arena declined.

Call another Ticketmaster in a city not selling tickets. Make sure you call ahead of time though to see if that particular Ticketmaster is selling U2 tickets that day but it will make it easier.

There is a thread in another forum about other ways to get around Ticketbastards.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by sharky:
Call another Ticketmaster in a city not selling tickets. Make sure you call ahead of time though to see if that particular Ticketmaster is selling U2 tickets that day but it will make it easier.

There is a thread in another forum about other ways to get around Ticketbastards.

The thing that realllly sucks about Ticketbastard is how shady their entire operation is! In Pleba a bunch of people posted how they had issues similiar to mine last week: I called the local ticketmaster to get tickets for Philly. I got through exactly at 9:59am. The guy told me to hold on and then went to look up GA's. He tried to convince me to buy the $85 seats saying that GAs didn't on sale yet, according to "the band". yeah. sooo no matter where you are or who you call or for what show it's a big hassle and a bunch of lies. same old story. This brittney bullshit doesn't help things at all though.

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

I don't think it matters so much. All the other U2 (or Britney Spears) fans you're competing with are going to be jammed too; all that's going to happen is that you'll be waiting twice as long to get the same tickets (or waiting twice as long to be denied). Just make sure the Ticketmaster outlet you're lining up for isn't full of 12-year-old kids.

If you can reach a Ticketmaster outlet out-of-town that's selling U2 tickets, though, you'll be at a huge advantage compared to everyone else.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 09-27-2001).]

speedracer: trust me it does matter. It will be tougher for everyone sure, but some who have a bank of high speed internet access computers like a certain broker in CT who sall remain nameless(ticketsplus) will be the ones with the advantage, not us poor souls on a single phone line or internet connection.
I've experienced it before for other shows (not U2, but other concerts), when multiple onsales happen simultaneously its bad news.

Originally posted by tkramer:
Are you sure Kemper declined based on GA? They've had GA shows (NIN last year) before...

Yes, I am sure. A coworker used to work for the Kansas City Convention Center which oversees Kemper Arena. The story she got was it came down to one thing---insurance. For some reason, their premiums were outrageous this year and a GA show was too much a risk. I don't get it---U2 fans are great and I would never expect problems.

Ultraviolet_j, I'm as puzzled as you are as to why the GA arrangement is considered too much of an insurance risk at Kemper. This is the same venue, of course, that hosts the American Royal, where people get thrown off of the backs of angry bulls!
mad.gif
At least at a U2 concert, no one risks getting gored to death by the other creatures in the arena...

*sighs and gives thanks for cheapie flights between KC and Chicago*

------------------
...And my old man was into opera, which, as far as I was concerned, was just heavy metal. I like those bawdy opera songs: the king is unfaithful to the queen, then he gets the pox, they have a son, the son grows up and turns into an alligator, and in the end they kill the alligator and make some shoes for the king. But because it's sung in Italian, people think it's very aloof. Not at all.

--Bono, in a Rolling Stone interview, 1987

Originally posted by speedracer:

If you can reach a Ticketmaster outlet out-of-town that's selling U2 tickets, though, you'll be at a huge advantage compared to everyone else.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 09-27-2001).]

Just be VERY careful. I got screwed doing this last week with Chicago. I called the day before to make sure that I could get tickets through Boston, and when I finally got through, they changed the policy that MORNING and wouldnt sell them to me. Also - for the first leg of the tour I went to an outlet away from the main one, and ended up getting screwed doing that too - got seats, but for the last show behind the stage from the random lottery. I was #2 in line initally - but ended up pretty far back after the drawing...the truth is, there's really no way to beat Ticketmaster I'm afraid.

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

Back
Top Bottom