If You Wear That Velvet Dress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I am just listening to this song right now, being in a bit of a sexy mood, and just can't stop prasing this song. It might jsut be their most underrated track. THe album version is so subtle and beautiful, and the live version is just perfect. the quiet guitar riffs and synth bleeps and bass line just make for such an atmospheric track for Bono's rediculously sexy vocals. one of his best vocal performances to date. overall it's just such a magnificent song, one of my favorites off POP.

fellow admirers leave your comments here!

haha, oh lord, he we go...

i dont think you'd have trouble finding many lads here happy to listen to U2 with fellow fan and get into some "trouble" along the way

Last edited:
This one took a while to hit me, as did a few other songs on Pop. I began going out on the back porch with the headphones, away from all distractions, and I would just LISTEN. A sophisticated song like Velvet Dress isn't going to give you everything right away. It takes time to soak in (one of my very favorite things about U2 music). Velvet Dress packs one hell of a punch. To me, it has always been a mournful, haunting song. It reminds me of a great love gone wrong.

I like how the song takes its time getting to its destination. It sort of staggers, but in a lovely way.

Adam Clayton really shines on this track.

This song is definitely underrated. I love the bass and "synth bleeps" but the climax when Edge does that paradise solo is priceless.:drool:

the album version is stunning in it's intimacy, but live it sucked.
(what's up with the heavy metal guitar intro? ruins the mood)

This song could have been a *hit* single if they rerecorded it like the way they played/sang the live version

I love POP it is one of my favorite albums. It is too bad that it has such a bad rap. I don't understand why. Velvet Dress is so good. I can barley figure out the words because it is too low in the recording but I know enough of them to say how good it is. Trust me if they ever sung that song in concert and Bono danced with a lady, the songs popularity would soar.

youtwohearts said:
Trust me if they ever sung that song in concert and Bono danced with a lady, the songs popularity would soar.

Oh my god, yeah. :faint:

I might tackle Bono to the ground if he sang that to me....I don't know if I could handle him singing "Happy Birthday" let alone "Velvet Dress".... j/k

whats the paradise solo?
there is a little guitar riff in that song that reminds me of that james taylor song / youve got a friend...
I think thats the song it reminds me of ...

What a flirty forum this is!

Stars you've really started something here!

And yeah Velvet is a magnificent moody number. Unfortunately none of my girlfriends have been into U2 in a big enough way - All I Want is You is about as far as they go.

Guess that's why I'm not married yet.:sexywink:

paulrg said:
What a flirty forum this is!

Stars you've really started something here!

Unfortunately none of my girlfriends have been into U2 in a big enough way

Who, me? :angel:

If a girl can't be seduced by the power of U2....show her the door...she's clearly got no passion in her soul. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom