If you think this board was unique in this behaviour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

Many have complained about it here. Almost any thread about U2's albums ends in a pro-/contra debate of Pop. (No, I don't want to talk about the merits/faults of this album! Everyone has its own opinion about this. Agreed?) However, this is apparently not specific to this forum, or other U2 forums.
Here's a thread from another, general music, forum (Velvet Rope). After the initial post of U2 having a new producer it quickly develops in (yet another) Pop thread.

Who said we are unique? :D

C ya!

Marty (who wanted to post this link for viewing purposes only. It's of no use to register there just to let your opinion be known on this issue)

lol. Hey guys, yes this is me. but please remember that this is a forum for music industry employees and professionals. This is not a forum where you just jump in with your pro-U2 2 Cents. Those people that do just jump in with an off-hand comment are chewed up and spit out in this forum and it takes time to build any sort of credibility. So feel free to look, but I would recommend NOT getting into it. It would probably only reflect badly on the U2 fan community.

But yes, I have found that the discussion usually does corrode into a POP or ATYCLB debate. Annoying, because as you can see, I try to get the discussion back on topic. LOL :)

Velvet Rope is a pain in my ass.
*2 cents
And the Pop debate is often brought up at other band boards I go to, it's up there with the whole "Courtney killled Kurt" debate, ppl have a big passion for it one way or another.

I lurk at VR sometimes, although I've never posted. I saw this thread yesterday. It was a strange experience - I felt like I was in Interference without the blue background!

Actually, the Pop vs. ATYCLB debate at VR is calm and rational compared to some other threads there, such as ones dealing with the whole Dixie Chicks controversy or anything else touching upon politics. Of course I haven't checked the thread today, so for all I know the U2 new album thread there may have spiralled out of control too.

You're right. It's strange that the conversation has been so civilized and that so much praise is being given to POP. Not what I expected. It seems to have died out for the moment after there was confusion on what religion the members of the band are. funny stuff.

Back
Top Bottom