If you think the superbowl is bad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbi16

War Child
from www.rockontv.com

"About ABC 2002
Peter Jennings will anchor an evening of reflection and anticipation for the New Year, live from the Rose Center for Earth and Space at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.

The ABC News special, "ABC 2002," will feature New Year's Eve celebrations from across the globe from such locations as London, Rio de Janeiro, Capetown, Moscow and Jerusalem. The show will also include performances from some of the world's top musical artists, including Sting and U2.

Joining Jennings at the Rose Center and from around the world will be ABC News correspondents, newsmakers and entertainers and other special guests who will gather together for this year-end broadcast to share their stories, thoughts and hopes for the coming year.

Incorporating many of the highly successful elements of the 24-hour "ABC 2000" Millennium coverage, the program will feature the best of the grand celebrations and the intimate assemblies taking place this year in the United States and throughout the world, from such far-flung locations as London, Capetown, Moscow, Jerusalem, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, Deer Valley, Utah (setting for the Olympics skiing competition), Washington, DC, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Edinburgh (Scotland), Salt Lake City, Minneapolis and, of course, New York's Times Square.

"ABC 2002" will narrow the focus of its lens to explore the issues and events that brought us to this New Year and the challenges that we face in the coming year with special guests and newsmakers who provide particular experience or insight into our world on this memorable day. The program will also celebrate our successful journey to this year-end with performances from some of the world's most accomplished entertainers through live or taped performances across the country and around the world. These will include U2, Sting, Arlo Guthrie and many others. Guthrie will perform "This Land Is Your Land," a song originally written and performed by his father, the legendary Woody Guthrie. "

Although I like the thought of bringing in the New Year with U2 uhm, well I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

I think it's great! It's about time our society gets U2 shoved in their faces, just like all the pop shit has been the last couple of years! The difference is that people won't get sick of U2 like they have with NSYNC or Britney Spears!

------------------
AFLAC!!!!!!

The more U2, the better, IMO!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I think Bono should fight britney on that special...I'd pay to see that

Originally posted by Arun V:
I think Bono should fight britney on that special...I'd pay to see that

I'm betting $20 that Bono will win.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by wireman:
I dunno...if one of britney's implants blows..it could take out half a city

lmao, how very true

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by Zoo Schabow:
I think it's great! It's about time our society gets U2 shoved in their faces...

I couldn't agree with you more!!

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

COOL! What a way to bring in the New Year!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

This is not the first time U2 has played in a new year's celebration. Couple years ago, Bono accompanied by Daniel Lanois performed One at the White House.

Originally posted by qball7200:
This is not the first time U2 has played in a new year's celebration. Couple years ago, Bono accompanied by Daniel Lanois performed One at the White House.

Yeah, U2 playing for new year's doesn't seem that weird to me. The Super Bowl seems a lot more commercial, if that's what people want to complain about. Do you think they'll play New Year's Day?

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
Yeah, U2 playing for new year's doesn't seem that weird to me. The Super Bowl seems a lot more commercial, if that's what people want to complain about. Do you think they'll play New Year's Day?

Yeah I see what you're saying, and I agree I'd much rather see them bringing in the New Year than playing at the highly commercialized Super Bowl.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Hmm...this may interfere with my New Year's plans of getting wasted with my pals. Dang U2!

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by PopFly:
Hmm...this may interfere with my New Year's plans of getting wasted with my pals. Dang U2!

3 letters: VCR!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Hmmm, a few days ago there was talk of the Slane video being bought for a New Year's Eve show in Ireland. Coincidence?

Originally posted by hibricc:
Hmmm, a few days ago there was talk of the Slane video being bought for a New Year's Eve show in Ireland. Coincidence?

Maybe not, but I doubt that's at all part of the ABC programming, that would just be too smart.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Sting and U2 can do a SuperNewYearsMedley!

Beautiful-Brand-New-Year's-Day

LMAO hey it could definitely make VH1's 100 of Rock's most memorable TV moments.

On another note Disco here's the info:

Show: ABC 2002
Episode: ABC 2002
Network: (ABC) American Broadcasting Corporation
Date: Monday - December 31, 2001
Time: 06:30 pm - 10:00 pm ET

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Back
Top Bottom