If you saw any of U2 in Public....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeffo17

Acrobat
Just say you were out one evening and you Saw Bono maybe at a shop or a park wherever and he was also with someone else... Would you go up to him and talk to him???

if so what would you say?

I don't think I'd ever muster the nerve to actually go up and talk to Bono or anyone else from U2, :) Plus I kinda hate the idea of bugging people when they're out doing their own stuff; so I'd just be happy with spotting them I guess.

I would love to have a drink with U2. So if they were alone individually or alone as the band I would definately go over and ask if I could buy them a pint or two.

If any of them were with their family then I wouldnt intrude.....but I would be gutted.

If I could choose to meet anyone ever it would be U2.......and Sir Bobby Moore.......and Hendrix..........and Churchill

Scream and yell running towards him "BONNNNNOOOOO....I LOOOOOOVE YOU.......CAN YOU SIGN THIS FOR ME" and pull out a crumpled piece of paper and then prolly faint with excitement.......I'd like to PRETEND to be all calm and non-chalant but reality is i would prolly react the same way as above! I would not care if i look like an idiot, he would not remember me again!

I'd probably go up to him, put my hand out to shake, and say "I don't mean to disturb you sir, but I just want to let you know how much your music means to me personally. Thanks, and keep up the good work."

If I saw Bono, I'd say, "grow your hair out, you look like an old man and a pudgy chimpanzee!" :laugh:

I used to think I'd say "Beautiful day, isn't it?";)

One thing I'd try not to say is "oooh I've been a fan for years and I have all your records" :yawn: but I bet I would :reject:

I guess I'll stand there and just watch him.... if he makes eye contact I'll prolly look away cuz I'm a bit shy, but if he mentions to come over I would..... but if he doesn't, I'm not gonna go over to him...

I'm in the camp of letting celebrities be unless they are making specific celebrity appearances.

Privacy :up:

You know, I'd like to say that I'd be a good human and not bother him when he's out shopping for undies or something, but if I actually did see Bono of Edge or anyone out in public, I would probably go speak with them.

I'd only tell them too "keep up the good work" or ask how recordings going or someting and request a handshake. That would be it. :)

:shifty:

If any of them was out with his family, I definitely wouldn't bother him. If I got some sort of signal that it was okay to approach I'd go over, but otherwise I'd just smile and respect their privacy.

I have a tendency to say really stupid obvious things when I meet people I admire. For instance, I got to meet Salman Rushdie a few years ago after a lecture, and I managed to come out with the brilliant statement: "I really liked your lecture. It was really good."

Nothing.

Saw Adam Clayton before and just walked by him. It was my Da who started getting excited and saying Adam Clayton had just walked beside us.

I would just give him a "Hey, how you doin'." I do it for everybody. I've met many sports people because I'm around enough and I have multiple connections that get me into some events.

On a side note, Jay Wright is absolutely my favorite sports figure right now. He's such a great guy to talk to.

I would say, "want some candy little man?" :flirt:

I would definately go over to him or try to make eye contact and get something started. I wouldn't bother him if he was with his kids or eating someplace.

I would only stare at him , and make eye contact, I'd be too shy to talk.

If Bono like walked out of a shop in front of me, my reaction would probably be "Holy :censored:, you're Bono." and then I'd proceed to freak out.

If I noticed him from further away, I would just go up to him and thank him for all the music U2 has given me. I'd also try to ask about the album but I doubt I'd be calm enough to remember.

Or maybe I can just yell "Play MOFO!" and faint.

I wouldn't go up to them, but I would have a seizure.
Foaming at the mouth, falling to the floor, twitching, mumbling, you know.. the works.

I'd get right in Bono's face and call him out for being a media whore, a hypocrite, and a tax cheat.

Then I'd tell him song's like "Stuck" and "Vertigo" are crap pandering of the greatest degree. I'd tell him Pop and Popmart were great and the band have no balls anymore. I'd really lay into him: You're a piece of shit. You're a terrible songwriter. Every business decision you make is crap. You're a terrible songwriter. You write songs for money and not for art. You're a terrible songwriter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about shitty Africa. You're a fake.

Ya know, I'd act like everyone who posts here.

It depends on the member and the situation obviously. Bono's obviously more open and sociable than say Larry and I've encountered both before. When we saw Bono we didn't approach him since he was busy, but he did give us a smile and wave before leaving, which was good enough for us. When we saw Larry he was with his family and on his own time, so we left him alone. I think obviously any case where any of them are with their family is a clear reason to let them be. If they're on their own, it's up to common sense. I don't think any of them are the types to freak out and bash a camera over someone's head when "bothered", not even Larry, but you still have to guage the situation and go from there :hmm:

.....id ask him if we were related me, then i would hope i had a copy of my album on me to give to him......

Back
Top Bottom