If you saw any of U2 in Public....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Hey Bono, why the fuck didn't you ever play Acrobat live?"

I thnik I'd try to catch his eye from a distance, smile & nod. or...maybe mouth "thank you " with a nod..... maybe, whether with family or not.
But I wouldn't go over, unless I got some definate indication that i'd be OK to go over.

I'd be SOOO tempted to approach- because I haven't met B yet, but I'd give him his space. ANd hope for a future meet up. :)

Oh, I think I would be so nervous or humbled or embarrassed and forget all my English, it would be better for me not to approach them, but if I could keep my composure after all I would probably just smile and seek eye contact. I don't feel very good about bothering them when they are obviously private.

Nothing.

He's got company and I'm too shy to come up to him and start talking.

MrBrau1 said:
I'd get right in Bono's face and call him out for being a media whore, a hypocrite, and a tax cheat.

Then I'd tell him song's like "Stuck" and "Vertigo" are crap pandering of the greatest degree. I'd tell him Pop and Popmart were great and the band have no balls anymore. I'd really lay into him: You're a piece of shit. You're a terrible songwriter. Every business decision you make is crap. You're a terrible songwriter. You write songs for money and not for art. You're a terrible songwriter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about shitty Africa. You're a fake.

Ya know, I'd act like everyone who posts here.

:drool: I would pay large sums of money to see this...

MrBrau1 said:
I'd get right in Bono's face and call him out for being a media whore, a hypocrite, and a tax cheat.

Then I'd tell him song's like "Stuck" and "Vertigo" are crap pandering of the greatest degree. I'd tell him Pop and Popmart were great and the band have no balls anymore. I'd really lay into him: You're a piece of shit. You're a terrible songwriter. Every business decision you make is crap. You're a terrible songwriter. You write songs for money and not for art. You're a terrible songwriter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about shitty Africa. You're a fake.

Ya know, I'd act like everyone who posts here.

:lmao: this is too true...

i don't know what I'd do. I'd feel kind of stupid if I had the chance to talk to a member of U2 and didn't, but I also wouldn't want to bother them if they were with someone else, especially family. Maybe I'd start singing Mercy rather loudly so they'd know I was a hardcore fan :wink: i really would like to thank them for the music. I know it's cliche, but U2 is a part of who I am, so I think I owe them for that.

I could think of things to say, but I bet if I actually met any of them it'd all go out the window :lol:

AtomicBono said:

I could think of things to say, but I bet if I actually met any of them it'd all go out the window :lol:

That's what happened to me. :| Edge was standing directly in front of me, not even a barrier to keep the fans away. And of all the things I could have said to him, all the things I had planned on saying if I ever met one of them, what popped out? "Hi, The Edge! [yes, I called him THE Edge] Could I get a picture?" And the picture of us didn't even come out. :|

yeah I think I might lose the ability to speak if I met U2...hopefully I'd be cool and not go into rabid fangirl mode cuz that's really not my style, but I couldnt say for sure

at least you got to meet him! :D

Oh lord, me too. When I was 17 I got to meet a few personal heroes of mine and made an absolute ass of myself -- but that was 7 years ago, and I was painfully shy at the time. I've since grown out of that. Heh. More recently I've acquitted myself pretty well when I met someone I admired, but if Bono was right in front of me? I hope I'd be cool, but I can't say for sure.

If I saw any of the guys when they were out with their families or trying to eat a meal or anything like that, I wouldn't bother them. On their own? I'd try to make eye contact, flash a smile, maybe a peace sign or a wave. I'd only approach if given the go-ahead.

I met Bono and Edge in 1984! Out the back of the Apollo stadium (no longer with us) along with about 200 others we crowded around Bono as he signed everything given to him, i didnt speak to him but i was standing at his side (even put my hand on his shoulder:ohmy: ) as his scarfe was stolen...he announced that if his scarfe was returned he would give the returnee a kiss. 5 seconds later a girl appears with his scarfe and recieves the promosed kiss!.....things started to get crushed so i stepped back out of the crowd almost bumping into Edge as he emerged from the venue...i froze.....Edge said "guess i better give Bono a hand then" before dissapearing into the throng....couldnt think of a single thing to say.....later as they were leaving i stuck my hand into their car and shook Edges hand, and all i could manage to say was..."When are you coming back?".... :slant:
Edges response..."As soon as we can"....Good answer as it took 5 years!

I would give a nod and a thank you if there were to be any eye contact. Wouldn't approach him, because I wouldn't want to intrude on his personal time.

Edge why don't u play anymore live songs except End of the world with the Goldtop LP

Or why didn't u play OoTS on guitar like the album , it was so brilliant

And for Bono , I'd probably give him a bottle of wine , and say , Mate Pop is a gem , play Please LNOE again ............. also something bout Acrobat and others

Last time that happened I yelped and ran the other direction, trying as hard as I could to not pee my skirt in public. I'd expect nothing different. Even after having met celebrities at work all this year.

Back
Top Bottom