If you had to name your child after a U2 song or album what would it be called?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet there really is a person named Joshua Tree out there.

If I had a boy, I'd call him Joshua.

But I don't want to have children anyway, so it's rather pointless for me to even be in this discussion. :lol:

Boy. I don't want kids, but I can see myself feeling all art nouveau one day and wanting a child so that I can call it 'Boy'.

Axver said:
I bet there really is a person named Joshua Tree out there.

:laugh: How bout Achtung Baby? :D It'd be awesome to have a kid named Achtung. Achtung Baby Hewson :wink:

Girl: Kite, Ultraviolet, Grace, Gloria, Rejoice, October (I have a friend named December...), Scarlet (October is a good album for naming kids), Mercy
Boy: The Fly (his first name could be The, like The Edge :p), Vertigo, Surrender, Zooropa, Wire

Or I could have like a hella lotta kids and name them in succession: How, To, Dismantle, An, Atomic, Bomb.

'Howe'
'Tu'
'Dis Man Tell'
'Anne'
'Atomic'
'Bob'

Half of those names are bullshit...but I, rather sadly, thought how you would work your way around it were to actually try and name your kids that...!! :huh:

I'd name my kid Lemon *maybe have it b a middle name*

I'd name him Meadowlark Lemon, but the wife wuld kill me

War. Definitely.
Then War would have a younger sibling called Peace On Earth.

One of my strangest friends swears blind that he will call his first daughter Tinkerbell. I told him that if he does, I'll punch him on the poor kid's behalf. That's a really evil thing to do to a child!

Last edited:
I don't know about U2 songs, but I'd honestly consider naming a daughter "Penny Lane."

I have a friend who's husband is a U2 freak, even more so than me. They named their kids Joshua and Grace. She didn't realize they were U2 inspired until after the fact.

Well my son's name is Joshua (he's 11 months). I wanted a J name since those run in my family.

It is only fitting that his name is Joshua though.

1) He was conceived in Las Vegas!

2) Las Vegas is in the Mojave Desert, home of the Joshua Tree.

3) I love the album The Joshua Tree as well as the plant Joshua Tree (Yucca _______) Forgot the rest of the Latin name.

Maybe I should call him JT for short when he's older.

joshua for a boy and salome/grace for a girl maybe and i would consider One in a different language as well

on a side note, me and 2 other friends have some strange nick names...
my nick name is Trash (surname Gordon... Flash Gordon leads to Trash Gordon etc etc...) my one friend is Tramp and we call her sister Party Girl

Trash, Tramp(oline) and the Party Girl :D

i've already got my girls names picked out (chloe marie and tabitha...i haven't picked out that middle name yet) but i suppose if i had a boy (which i won't, they're gross) i could name him joshua. nice normal name. i've always said though if i had a boy i'd let the father pick out the names, so i guess unless i marry a U2 fan (or a guy named joshua), that won't be happening. :D

Back
Top Bottom