If you could undo one u2 "mistake"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
toscano said:
Thinking that Pop was a failure and changing their artistic course to make radio friendly lowest common denominator bland uninteresting wallpaper music for the masses because more $$$ must mean more "success" and that's what about isn't it ?
just your opinion mate, if you dont like it, dont hold onto it, find something you "do" like,

gets so tiring hearing people complaning about the 00's, when all they have to do is focus on the things they do like about the band, and not even bother with newer material

toscano said:
Thinking that Pop was a failure and changing their artistic course to make radio friendly lowest common denominator bland uninteresting wallpaper music for the masses because more $$$ must mean more "success" and that's what about isn't it ?

of course, u2 never made music for the masses before atyclb. :rolleyes:

Snowlock said:

Jacknife Lee
Flood

:yes: 2 of the main culprits right there. The two worst producers of U2's career.

Hamilton does have the quick cutTM down, but he also made Slane and Milan so credit where credit is due...does anyone know why U2 hasn't used David Mallet post Popmart?

Proper B-sides instead of remixes and crappy covers :angry:
Drop the acoustic set, I want to hear Stay and Staring at the Sun full electric :angry:
Do not touch Pop...ever :angry:

Thank God there is no such thing as perfection among human beings.

I'd make sure you have your name attached to that before Bono uses it as a lyric in his new song, "I Believe In Hope (Mercy of Love)".

2005 onwards Bono

Some of U2's greatest stuff is from the result of a mistake. If I could of changed one thing, I would of released the Joshua Tree as a double album. Not that what they did was a mistake in the first place, but with all that b-side stuff as rich as the a-sides, I have never seen a band possess so much great material worthy of a complete release.

I'd like to write off the 2000s, but Beautiful Day is their most immediate, immense, bell-ringing song since the JT days.

And I'm in the minority of the tight-ass U2 fan demographic in liking Stuck, Wild Honey, and In A Little While.

Count me into that minority. I love Stuck and In a Little While ... although I'm fairly meh on Wild Honey. I think it's just cute, not great.

corianderstem said:
Count me into that minority. I love Stuck and In a Little While ... although I'm fairly meh on Wild Honey. I think it's just cute, not great.

:hi5:

gman said:
I guess wat am asking here is for one thing you wish u2 hadnt done. I will allow removal of a track form an album, records they should not have released, records they SHOULD have released or might be to do wi a concert or just a general oversight in your opinion.

The last six years.

KUEFC09U2 said:
just your opinion mate,

I know, mate. That was the intent of the thread wasnt it ?, state an opinion. thanks for pointing out the bloody obvious though !

The third leg of Elevation. Until that point, the whole ATYCLB era was just another phase of U2's career, and a fairly enjoyable one - light pop songs on the album, fiery, unpretentious live performances on stage. But when they came into post-9/11 America, they forgot to eat the "mass acceptance" monster before it ate them.

I agree with all the commnets about leaving Pop alone. U2's biggest mistakes, in my opinion have been...

Recording One with Mary J.... A huge mistake!

Releasing COBL as a single. COBL is a cheap knock-off of WTSHNN.

The overall production of HTDAAB. Tooo much double-tracked vocals and the album sounds disjointed.

The song selection on Best Of 1990-2000 and U218.

Back
Top Bottom