If you could see one U2 concert, or era... what would it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If i could choose one U2 show i could go to it would be the first night they played at Wembley Stadium on the ZOO TV tour in August 1993.
I have a cd of this concert and it sounds amazing.
Live versions of Zooropa, Babyface and The First Time, Satallite link up with Sarajevo and Salman Rushdie coming on stage. This show had everything. Should be released on DVD!!

1. Lovetown Rotterdam, 1/10/90.
2. Popmart Leeds.
3. Any ZooTV show, preferably after MacPhisto had been created. :wink:

If i could choose one definite "U2 era" I'd chose 'THE JOSHUA TREE' Tour 1987. A predictable location might be my home town Munich, wher U2 played a fabulous double night - with the 1st night on 21st July maybe one of the best gigs of the whole tour. Don't ask, I wasn't there though a friend of mine bought a ticket, just don't ask ....
If i could chose another dream location in '87 I'd go for the spectacular homecoming gig in Dublin's Croke Park and/or the very last gig in Tempe's desert: "X-mas - baby please come home..."

Or if you gave me three whishes - and a good witch would do so -of course there's another location I'd like to beam myself into: Point Depot, New Year's Eve '89/'90 - the best U2 show of all times...

Cheers!

perrypickwick said:
Joshua Tree Tour
or Lovetown

I loved to be at the concert where they shot "Pride" for Rattle and Hum :drool: :drool: does anyone know which concert that was?

November 8, 1987 Denver Colorado USA

It would have to be Elevation for me small indoor arenas!
After that Popmart.

If I had to choose a particular concert it would be Slane castle.
Followed bu Popmart at Leeds Roundhay park.

I saw them on the Zooropa tour there and it was awesome. It was quoted as being one of the best shows of the Euro leg of Zooropa and likewise for Popmart.

I wish I hadn't fallen out with U2 and had seen the two tours mentioned. The reason I picked Elevation is that it was seeing Boston on the TV one night that rekindled my love for this band.
Only trouble is when I got to see them agian on Vertigo I was a bit dissapointed.

Heres to the next tour (Indoors please!)

Probably the JT tour, when they were just becoming the biggest band in the world.

And Bono's voice was still improving.

Back
Top Bottom