If you could have U2 cover any song....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AvsGirl41

New Yorker
If you won a contest and could request that U2 cover *any* song, written by *any* artist and record it for you...what song would it be?

Mine is kind of cheesy, but it would be "Goodnight, Elisabeth" by the Counting Crows, for rather obvious reasons.
:p

Elisabeth

"Wild Horses" by The Rolling Stones

Another option are some lyrics that I wrote but can never sing because I always hear Bono's voice singing them...I'd love to hear him sing it for real. :)

Master of Puppets by Metallica. Partly out of curiosity to see what they would do with such a fast and complex song and partly for laughs to hear them struggle.

I would like to see U2 and or maybe just Bono pull an Elvis and record an album of old gospel hymns....amazing grace would be great to hear in full.

Muad'zin said:
Master of Puppets by Metallica. Partly out of curiosity to see what they would do with such a fast and complex song and partly for laughs to hear them struggle.

This made me laugh so much and I must admit that I wouldn't mind hearing them try and do something like this, I would love to hear Bono try and do a James Hatfield scream/roar:)

pinkfloyd said:
Gimme Shelter by Rolling Stones

Anything by Sex Pistols or Smashing Pumpkins

The river by the boss

I agree on the Smashing Pumpkins. They have written such brilliant songs, but I'm not crazy about Billy's voice. I'd love to hear Tonight or Thirty-Three on Bono's voice :drool: Or something more shocking like Bullet with Butterfly Wings :evil:

A cover of something by Metallica would also be interesting. :D

Last edited:
flaming june said:

I agree on the Smashing Pumpkins. They have written such brilliant songs, but I'm not crazy about Billy's voice. I'd love to hear Tonight or Thirty-Three on Bono's voice :drool: Or something more shocking like Bullet with Butterfly Wings :evil:

A cover of something by Metallica would also be interesting. :D

Ooh...flaming june, I like your signature...is that new?

No one has probably heard of him, but I would have U2 cover a song by Tony Lucca... called Honestly For You.

I know U2 doesn't do the standard love song, but if they did this one, or another Lucca song called It's You, I'd just melt.... :cute:

No song from anybody else than U2. :| I'm not creative, but why asking the best band on the planet to play a cover song?????? :shrug:

FallingStar said:
No song from anybody else than U2. :| I'm not creative, but why asking the best band on the planet to play a cover song?????? :shrug:

So they can improve upon it! :p

Elisabeth

P.S. No disrespect to any of the bands mentioned in this thread! ;)

Bed Of Roses

Bon Jovi's Bed Of Roses. I wanna hear Bono sing that and Edge do the intro of Richie Sambora.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Back
Top Bottom