If you could have it your way: Firing order for US singles after Vertigo would be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the whole world-> SYCMIOYO-> LAPOE-> Miracle Drug

For U.S. -> ABOY-> COBL (country mix)-> A Man And A Woman (Linking Green Park Day mix)

Ultraviolet,,,

Ops, wrong album

Worldwide : Miracle drug, Yahweh, LAPOE

For US

1. Vertigo
2. All Because Of You
3. Original Of The Species (Summertime Single in May)
4. City of Blinding Lights (August)
5. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (November in time for Christmas)

For Rest of World

1. Vertigo
2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
3. Original Of The Species (Summer)
4. Miracle Drug
5. City Of Blinding Lights (Christmas)

US and worldwide:

Vertigo

Sometimes

Miracle Drug

Original of the species

R.O.W

Vertigo
SYCMIOYO
LAPOE (they need something they can heavily remix like they did Elevation - I think LAPOE could be remixed quite well)
All Because Of You
Miracle Drug

U.S

Vertigo
All Because Of You
Miracle Drug
City Of Blinding Lights (perhaps around August/September as a sort of 'tribute' to New York and 9/11)
SYCMIOYO

Last edited:
1) Vertigo
2) All Because Of You (I think releasing the 2 shortest songs first is a good idea)
3) City Of Blinding Lights
4) Yahweh

On a different note, I think Yahweh should be their final single ever. Whether this is their last album or not. Even if they make more albums, they should release Yahweh as their final single. It would be perfect IMO.

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes...
4. All Because of You
5. City of Blinding Lights

Following the AB strategy: Rock - Still rock but poppier - Ballad - Rock again - Anthem

Vertigo
Sometimes
City Of Blinding Lights
Original Of The Species
Fast Cars(if going by actual album tracks, otherwise Xanax And Wine or Mercy would replace this)

Vertigo.....good introduction to the album. It's already gone platinum (imagine a single this day and age going platinum :ohmy: )

City of Blinding Lights.....GREAT song, it just needs a radio edit for us ADD Americans :wink: (snip part of the into and make a few of the "tiiiiiiiiiiiime"'s).

Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own.....simply a great song, and you gotta have a great ballad for a single. I can honestly see this song breaking the Top 40

Original of the Species.....U2 at pop perfection. I love it :love:

EDIT: for a 5th single, I'd say do *something* with "Love and Peace or Else." I don't think it's a song today's teen crowd think U2 could sound like...which is a good thing :wink: :wink:

Last edited:
for north america:

1) vertigo
2) all because of you
3) sometimes you can't make it on your own
4) city of blinding lights
5) original of the species (if there even was one)

for ROW:

1) vertigo
2) sometimes you can't make it on your own
3) city of blinding lights
4) original of the species
5) all because of you

I'm with Bono; either "SICKOFMYYOYO" and "Original of the Species" has to be a hit. Don't care about the other singles. "All Because of You" was a decent stopgap release ('cause folks were getting sick of "Vertigo").

I don't care about any songs being singles except for City of Blinding Lights. This song MUST be a single. Who cares if it's almost six minutes long? They're fucking U2.

I figure the biggest band in the world can release whatever they want to radio. I mean, why not? I'm sure most people (which decent musical taste, that is) would rather listen to 6 minutes of U2 than three minutes of Lindsey Lohan and three minutes of Simple Plan. :shrug:

Catman said:

City of Blinding Lights.....GREAT song, it just needs a radio edit for us ADD Americans :wink: (snip part of the into and make a few of the "tiiiiiiiiiiiime"'s).

A modern rock radio station in Los Angeles, currently has "City" in it's rotation, no edit!

Wow that song is great on full FM stereo.

FINALLY! someone agrees with my choice of Love and peace or else as a single! If U2 are trying to appeal to a younger audience (which by previous single releases from this album, they are) then this is the one to release!

After U.S. " All because of you" and world "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" they should release Miracle Drug or Original of the Species OR go for a summer single with Man and a Woman and wait for a fall release of one of the above. Just a suggestion

Back
Top Bottom