If you are interested in helping Bono save Africa check in here:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BostonAnne

Refugee
By appearing on Oprah on Friday, Bono has shifted his campaigning for relief in Africa from the Government to us the public. Bono has learned and relayed to us that nothing can be done until we the people tell the government that we want them to do something.

I received an e-mail from jubileeusa.org today informing me that we can make an impact by making a phone call on Friday, September 27th.

If you are interested in taking action, please check out the details at the jubileeusa website.

http://www.jubileeusa.org/

This message is printed on the jubilee flyer:

Government officials always tell us that they want to do more for impoverished countries ? but that Americans just don?t care. On Friday ? break this myth ? by registering your concern and support for debt cancellation.

U2luv said:
Also don't forget to go to http://www.datadata.org to find out more ways you can help, many of which take only a few minutes out of your time.

Geez, and how easy can it be! Go to the website, click on :bono: Bono's picture and there's access to e-mail the President and your state Senators in 1 minute, plus you can find your state rep too! When I started writing letters for jubileeusa, I had to research that information!

I've also emailed George W.

As long as we're sharing resources for those who are motivated to act on these issues, there is also

http://www.stopglobalaids.com/index.asp

This is a site that deals with AIDS in general but focuses on the link between debt relief and AIDS -- the fact that the money poor countries pay to service old debts to us in the West could be much better spent for AIDS prevention and treatment.

They also have a Take Action page which helps you email people like the head of the International Monetary Fund, and executives at Coca-Cola (which has refused to cover its African employees for AIDS-related care.)

Thanks for the links....
I went onto the Data site and emailed the president (it was fun!) but then when I clicked on my state, CA and then to email my senator it gives me the letter, but then my mail server said the email could not reach recipient" so I don't think they have the right adress in there...
I will spread these links at my work tomorrow to get more people involved!

I got the email from Jubilee too, and sent it on.

The best thing you can do is forward this to your friends, coworkers and families to do . It does only take a minute and this month and October are CRUCIAL!!!

Dont forget to call Condeleeza Rice on Friday!

:wave:

I'm one of a group of PLEBA girls led by Sherry Darling who is already involved! Since Sherry is studying at Oxford in England and can't be with us right now, and we told her we would keep up her work while she was gone, I am posting her sig with a disturbing but important message and includes a link to her special site:

'In the last ten days in Sub Saharan Africa, 55,000 people have died from AIDS and $400 million been spent by Africans on debt payments... 14,000 mothers have given HIV to their children in childbirth... It's insanity.'
Wanna help? Bono's Angels
http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/duckworth/angels

Boston Anne - I too got the email from Jubilee. Thanks so much for bringing it everyone's attention here:cool:

U2 Kitten - SherryDarling would be so proud of you!!!:)

Thanks BostonANne for bringing this up! Your post got me to check the Jubilee site and then I used their flyer to make up my own 'mass email' which i just sent it to all my friends.
I intend to call in on Friday too!
(ps. its me, pixel, do you remember?)

Last edited:
instant sealife said:
(ps. its me, pixel, do you remember?)

Yes, you posted in the concerts folder on Zootopia and we exchanged e-mails after the Providence 1 concert! :wave:

I'm so glad to be amongst others that want to help make a difference! You all rock! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom