If WITS is any indication of the new album,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey788

Refugee
If the new U2 album sounds similar to Window in the Skies, what older songs do you think would fit with it?

Some songs I see working well with it are The Sweetest Thing, maybe Staring at the Sun, Stay, Ultraviolet, A Sort of Homecoming, and The Unforgettable Fire.

Possibly a Window in the Skies -> Streets segue? That'd be interesting.

Window in the Sky will probably not be played on the next tour OR not even be included in the next album. I think they have SOO much material they want in that Window in the Sky may be cut out.

Jeef690, the song is named Window in the SkiES, not sky...

I thought about a WITS - Streets combination too... I've had WITS on repeat in itunes, and it is fluently going from end to beginning, but I think it could be extended in a streets into :yes:

window in the skies - Bono- " a psychedelic (sorry my spelling is terrible,) pop song"
Zootlesque- i agree
im hoping for more heavier stuff like elevation. even though im totally loving wits!

If you u2 are gonna do something do it right. I dont care if its pop or rock as long as they do it right.

if you read the article...about what bono said, hes not sure. im just hoping its not an album based on acoustic music
:|

The OOTS said:
I hope they retire WITS for the next tour.
:reject:

I can see that. Listening to/watching boots from Japan, it didn't really seem to work live. I was psyched to have them play it, but there's no fire in the current live version.

Ya, in Hawaii it sounded better than all the other songs quality-wise and technically speaking. It was cripser and clearer whereas until that point the songs all sounded muddy. Bono's words were clearer to.....I am not implying that this was canned or anything... but did anybody else notice that in Hawaii? It was weird. I wasn't sitting in the best spot, we were directly on the side of the stage not in front. I love this song, it grows on me everytime I hear it.

I think if they decided to do a Lightning Seeds medley in the next tour they could slip WITS in, and no one would notice.

Back
Top Bottom