If U2 were rumoured to appear in the next STAR WARS movie instead of N'SYNC....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
If U2 were rumoured to appear in the next STAR WARS movie instead of N'SYNC what would the reaction be?

Would it be as negative as the one N'SYNC got, or would people appreciate it more?

Originally posted by Mr_LeMon:
Bono Solo would be worse
smile.gif

LOL

Of course I forgot Emperor McGuinness!

Originally posted by CdnBliss:
I had heard that Bono was offered a small part as a poet....anyone else hear that? Do you think he'd actually take it?

Cheers,
Char

I have and I think he'd be great- he'd look cool in one of those long robes, the way he looks right now.

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 03-03-2002).]

I still wouldn't watch it

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I would watch it if the following things happened:

1. U2 beat Jar-Jar Binks to death. I would prefer that it was done in a slow and painfull way, but just as long as he is dead and promised never to return again.

2. U2 brought back the young (M)Anakin from the Phantom Mennace and killed him too. That kid was the worst child actor I think I've ever seen in a film. I could have directed him better with no eyes, no ears, bound to a wheelchair wearing nothing but a Backstreet Boys tee shirt.

3. U2 ties George Lucas to a pole and forces him to read screenwriting books and watch good films. Perhaps he would then re-learn the filmmaking craft and cease tarnishing the Star Wars legacy.

If they did those things, sure I'd watch. But as the movie stands right now, you won't catch me near it!

Originally posted by wolfwill23:
I would watch it if the following things happened:

1. U2 beat Jar-Jar Binks to death. I would prefer that it was done in a slow and painfull way, but just as long as he is dead and promised never to return again.

2. U2 brought back the young (M)Anakin from the Phantom Mennace and killed him too. That kid was the worst child actor I think I've ever seen in a film. I could have directed him better with no eyes, no ears, bound to a wheelchair wearing nothing but a Backstreet Boys tee shirt.

3. U2 ties George Lucas to a pole and forces him to read screenwriting books and watch good films. Perhaps he would then re-learn the filmmaking craft and cease tarnishing the Star Wars legacy.

If they did those things, sure I'd watch. But as the movie stands right now, you won't catch me near it!

George Lucas is probably not the best actor director, but he got to where he is today by attempting something that nobody else had done before and it paid off.

Apparently it also revoluntised the way movies were made. Or fantasy/sci fi movies anyway.

I was asking what the reaction would be if U2 appeared in the movie, not what U2 should do in the movie.

Maybe I should be asking why you're prejudice against a movie that hasn't been released yet. Are the 3 trailers really that off putting?

Back
Top Bottom