If U2 had to add a fifth member ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Avril Lavigne? She's absolutely crap live, whereas U2 is arguably the best live band there is. She'd ruin them so much it's not funny.

And Justin Timberlake? I heard one of his songs on Tuesday, and hitting my head on a metal pole before falling down twenty flights of stairs would've been less painful.

I think U2's fifth member should be two to make it six members. It should be Des Broadberry and Dallas Schoo. Those people always play the guitars and keyboards live during U2's concerts but they do it backstage or under the stage. U2 probably has a problem with non-members showing up onstage. But they are actually playing to I think they deserve to be onstage. But for the songwriting and collaborating and marketing bit, maybe Avril would make a better choice than Dallas or Des, but that's just my opinion.

Cheers,

J

What if we dressed Dallas and Des up in clothes from Hot Topic? That would almost be like the best of both worlds.

BrownEyedBoy said:
you guys are really giving jick a hard time....

No, is more like Jick is giving U2 hard time while claiming he/she is a fan.
Which is the reason why Jick is the subject of ridicule and well deserved.
What kind of fan says more negative stuff about the band than positive? Criticism is fine but it comes to the point of criticism and straight bashing.

Cheers,

B

Last edited:
Bunbury said:

No, is more like Jick is giving U2 hard time while claiming he/she is a fan.
Which is the reason why Jick is the subject of ridicule and well deserved.
What kind of fan says more negative stuff about the band than positive? Criticism is fine but it comes to the point of criticism and straight bashing.

I'm wondering that myself. Every post from Jick that I've read has been negative and critical. Most fans do say the occasional negative thing, like "I wish Bono would stop smoking, it's destroying his voice," or "I can't stand [song title], why did they include that on the album?" But not in EVERY SINGLE POST THEY MAKE ON THE BOARD! :eyebrow:

I don't mind them playing a song with somebody else, some good collaborations have come of it ("When Love Comes To Town", for example). But they do not need to add anyone new to their lineup. U2 is Adam, Bono, Edge and Larry, and the chemistry between the four is brilliant. U2 do not need improvement. :)

Yea i dont understand why jick is even a u2 fan, or even posts here. they do allow non u2 members onstage. fans in the audience, other singers such as gwen stefanie, new york police, and fireman.

Jick i guess has a lot of issues.

BrownEyedBoy said:
you guys are really giving jick a hard time....

You have got to be kidding.

Do you honestly think J is doing anything but trying to get a rise out of everyone around here? You don't really believe that he thinks Kenny G or Avril could ever be U2's 5th member?

Most of us take him for what he is...someone pretending to be a fan yet never having a single positive thing to say about them.

if i did have to choose it would be bono's shades.

but seriously , i do like avril lavings studio music, but live she sounds terrible. as far as joinging one of the biggest bands in music history.. one who has had the same members (yea edges brother but i think he was out before they got the name U2) been around for over 20 years, yea right!! i think we would have a better chance of finding out that elvis and jim morrison are alive and running america.

*vomits at first post*

Avril! Ha!

If they did a duet with her I would lose all respect for the band, sell my albums, records and singles away and make an Anti-U2 political party.

Few have replied intelligently to this post just yet. I mean this is just a hypothetical situation. If and only IF - U2 MUST add a fifth member to their band, who do you guys think it would be? Come on most replies have just been questioning my unquestionable integrity as a U2 fan. Few have actually answered my query.

Ok, let's try to add a story or a twist to it to make it easier to answer. Let's just say some terrorist kidnapped Ali and Jordan, and held them hostage. The condition for their safety and release was that U2 must have to add a 5th member to make an album (and appear in every song of that album) as well as tour with U2 for one whole tour. So U2 and the boys are left with no choice. So once again, I ask all you U2 fans, who would your choice for fifth member be? I already made my choice.

Cheers,

J

JICK i think you are a funny guy but leave the wife and kids out of it, what the fuck are you thinking. if you need some one to talk to just let me know ok?

but back on topic i think U2 could use two new members Adams wee wee and the second will be yes thats right people JICK him self and what will he do on stage well he will either be on the right or left side of adam holding his wee wee(dick) up.
:lol:

Bono's American Wife said:

You have got to be kidding.

Do you honestly think J is doing anything but trying to get a rise out of everyone around here?
I request everyone who has a problem with any of our members to report this to the mods/admins

we can't have people insulting each other

Jick, its one thing to make a silly hypothetical thread, but another to resort to terrorists and kidnapping. Stop pushing the boundaries. I mean it. You've had enough warnings about this.

Everyone else, enough of the bashing other members. I dont give a flying rats arse if people think it is warranted or not. Its not tolerated for anyone on this forum. Its not going to be tolerated now because it is mixed up amongst 40 other replies of the same nature.

jick said:
Ok, let's try to add a story or a twist to it to make it easier to answer. Let's just say some terrorist kidnapped Ali and Jordan, and held them hostage.

That is so sick. :| :no: :madspit: :down: :tsk: :shame:

I think they could add another rhythm guitar player....perhaps that dude from the Corrs.......

Swan269 said:
I think they could add another rhythm guitar player....perhaps that dude from the Corrs.......

Bono is rhythm guitar......hmm.....maybe not, hehe:lol:
Seriously, maybe earlier in their carrier they could have picked up a rhythm guitar player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom