if U2 didn't exist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think either Echo and the Bunnymen or the Virgin Prunes were ever destined to be massive. They were both just a little bit too alternative for the mainstream.

If U2 didn't exist - REM would probably be even more popular, and this place would probably be another REM fan forum.

karls77 said:
Your thoughts scare me. Please keep them to yourself! :wink:

You know, a few little quirks of fate or history, and U2 might not have existed.

If Bono had gone to college for example (which he nearly did) he might have lost interest in the band, or the band might have always remained unknown because he wouldn't have had the time to tour or devote a huge amount of time to it.

financeguy said:

You know, a few little quirks of fate or history, and U2 might not have existed.

If Bono had gone to college for example (which he nearly did) he might have lost interest in the band, or the band might have always remained unknown because he wouldn't have had the time to tour or devote a huge amount of time to it.

Interesting, I've never heard about the college thing. Plus, didn't they almost break up because Bono, Edge and Larry were having a hard time reconciling their christian faith with being in a rock band?

karls77 said:
Interesting, I've never heard about the college thing. Plus, didn't they almost break up because Bono, Edge and Larry were having a hard time reconciling their christian faith with being in a rock band?

Well he actually attended about a week's lectures but then had to withdraw because he had failed the Irish language Leaving Cert paper. The college had messed up in offering him a place.

They offered to hold a place open for him for a year on condition that he repeated, and passed, the relevant exam. As it turned out he never took the place up, as U2's career took off and they got a record deal.

financeguy said:
Well he actually attended about a week's lectures but then had to withdraw because he had failed the Irish language Leaving Cert paper. The college had messed up in offering him a place.

So we were blessed with music of U2 because Bono flunked an exam? :huh:

Cheers to Bono for being a rubbish student!! :wink:

If U2 didn't exist, I would have started a band called the Funky Vinyl Lounger Beanbags, and we would have ruled.

:rockon:

*band name "borrowed" from page 74 of latest Sear's catalogue (Canadian edition).

yertle-the-turtle said:
then would this place be an echo and the bunnymen forum?

just a thought.
It would be an Echo & The Bunnymen / Television / Virgin Prunes mecca of course :)

Television :drool:

angelordevil said:
If U2 didn't exist, I would have started a band called the Funky Vinyl Lounger Beanbags, and we would have ruled.

:rockon:

*band name "borrowed" from page 74 of latest Sear's catalogue (Canadian edition).

:lmao:

Coldplay and Radiohead wouldn't exist without U2. In fact, a lot of bands wouldn't exist without U2. And, uh, probably this site wouldn't exist without U2. But that's just a guess.

Maybe we'd be a Sonny and Cher site...you know, Sonny Bono...

maybe interference would be a WEBSYTE ABOQT DOGZ LOLZOZLZLZ

because the internet doesn't have enough webpages about dogs.

If U2 didn't exist, there would be no forum, no computer, no internet. The world would not have developed as it is now. We would all be cavemen... fucking cavemen I tells ya.

Zootlesque said:
If U2 didn't exist, there would be no forum, no computer, no internet. The world would not have developed as it is now. We would all be cavemen... fucking cavemen I tells ya.

We wouldn't have even discovered fire.

financeguy said:

They offered to hold a place open for him for a year on condition that he repeated, and passed, the relevant exam. As it turned out he never took the place up, as U2's career took off and they got a record deal.

He can't even remember the lyrics to HIS OWN SONGS and I'm suposed to believe that he would've learned something else... by memory? :eyebrow:

I'm not saying he's dumb, but come on... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom