if U2 didn't exist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the crown of who is the most pretentious will be overtaken by:

Six Feet Under- the tv show
The X-Files's Mulder and Scully
Queen
Coldplay
Tom Cruise

If U2 did not exist. I would not have a concert to look forward to ever 3 to 4 years.:shifty:

Axver said:

We wouldn't have even discovered fire.

And that fire which we had not discovered would be forgettable. Furthermore, there would be no boys, girls, men, or woman. Lights in cities would be dimmed as to not be blinding. No one would live in New York or Miami. There would be no exits so no one could be gone. However, no one could stay either, and you could not be close or far away. Days would not be beautiful, dirty, or better than other days. New Year's Day and the 4th of July would not be celebrated. Sundays would be completely blood-free. The month following September would be November. The numbers One and 40 would not exist. The question "Do you feel loved?" would never be asked, nor would people wonder to themselves about whether or not God is going to send his angels. It would always (though the concept of always would no longer exist) be known exactly who was riding one's wild horses as to avoid unnecessary questioning. Hills would always have more than one tree on them, though the trees would be short and not cast shadows. Things couldn't be better than the real thing. Everything would happen very soon or in a long time, not in a little while. Men would not drown. Time would skip from 10:59 to 11:01 (though 1 doesn't exist). People wouldn't stare at the sun. The concepts of grace and mercy would not be understood, and there would never be peace on earth, nor any empty threats about love and peace. Crumbs would not be on tables. You could only stay in one place or move backwards - never moving one step closer to anything. Cars would be slow. The opposite of good would simply be "ungood." Rooms would be any colour but blue. No one would follow anyone if they walked away, especially since no one would walk on. We would all at the very least be comforted in the fact that the world would not end, since it could never be the last night on earth.

AtomicBono said:

And that fire which we had not discovered would be forgettable. Furthermore, there would be no boys, girls, men, or woman. Lights in cities would be dimmed as to not be blinding. No one would live in New York or Miami. There would be no exits so no one could be gone. However, no one could stay either, and you could not be close or far away. Days would not be beautiful, dirty, or better than other days. New Year's Day and the 4th of July would not be celebrated. Sundays would be completely blood-free. The month following September would be November. The numbers One and 40 would not exist. The question "Do you feel loved?" would never be asked, nor would people wonder to themselves about whether or not God is going to send his angels. It would always (though the concept of always would no longer exist) be known exactly who was riding one's wild horses as to avoid unnecessary questioning. Hills would always have more than one tree on them, though the trees would be short and not cast shadows. Things couldn't be better than the real thing. Everything would happen very soon or in a long time, not in a little while. Men would not drown. Time would skip from 10:59 to 11:01 (though 1 doesn't exist). People wouldn't stare at the sun. The concepts of grace and mercy would not be understood, and there would never be peace on earth, nor any empty threats about love and peace. Crumbs would not be on tables. You could only stay in one place or move backwards - never moving one step closer to anything. Cars would be slow. The opposite of good would simply be "ungood." Rooms would be any colour but blue. No one would follow anyone if they walked away, especially since no one would walk on. We would all at the very least be comforted in the fact that the world would not end, since it could never be the last night on earth.

:lmao: !!! Great post!

the month following sept would be nov! lmao

AtomicBono said:

best post everrr!!! =)
ungood. hahaha that made me chuckle. very clever.

I actually meant this thread to be a semi-serious discussion on U2's impact on modern music and whether any other band (Echo was the one I was thinking of because of a chance remark I heard from a U2 hater who was pissed McCulloch and Co. never got as much recognition as Bono) but well, it's turned out to be different. I'd rather that than 600 posts defending Bono's every action and holding the band up as the inventor of all music, in an un-ironic fashion (although irony, in a sense, is so overused on this board it's ceased to be funny).

AtomicBono said:

:lol: That is awesome :up:

yertle-the-turtle said:
I actually meant this thread to be a semi-serious discussion on U2's impact on modern music and whether any other band (Echo was the one I was thinking of because of a chance remark I heard from a U2 hater who was pissed McCulloch and Co. never got as much recognition as Bono) but well, it's turned out to be different.

Ok getting serious now: huh em
Do you realize this sentence is over 60 words long? :|

:wink:

Great collaboration AtomicBono and the others!! :up:

AtomicBono said:

:love:

karls77 said:

So we were blessed with music of U2 because Bono flunked an exam? :huh:

Cheers to Bono for being a rubbish student!! :wink:

I must never let my students hear this story. It would only contradict everything I have been drilling into their empty little heads!:wink:

faithingrace said:

I must never let my students hear this story. It would only contradict everything I have been drilling into their empty little heads!:wink:

Do you know how many bands exist because they were crap students/not interested enough in school(or university)?
Everyone from Boy George to all of REM. :love:

Back
Top Bottom