If U2 are the best band in the world. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candyfloss

The Fly
Who are the best band in America? My vote goes to Wilco. They've got a new album coming out in April and it's gonna kick your arse.

now in america, it would be La Ley
and in the us it would be currently INCUBUS.
"not a shred of rap in our album" lead singer for incubus, brandon boyd

NO RAP!!! WOW they definitely know about music

------------------
" I can sing just like Bono, i can do that whole lemon falsetto exactly like him" -- me

"...u know how you can make people jealous by saying good stuff about you thats not even true?" - also me

uh, Incubus are definitely not the best band in North America (the US, rather). (they're not bad, just not the best)

Best is subjective. There's no right answer.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 02-06-2002).]

I'll agree with REM, though it seems that most American bands are shit. And I am American, so I'm bashing my own, hehe.

Finally someone mentioned. Yes folks its true, Pearl Jam is America's best band. Now if we could just get them to come out from under that rock their hiding under in Washington State and into the light.

Ah yes Creed. If you want the real thing(what their trying to sound like)listen to Pearl Jam.

Incubus, Creed, Pearl Jam, and the Chili Peppers are all HORRIBLE! I hate to say this, but aside from U2, rock music is in a sorry state these days.

I disagree with you on this point , RHCP is a great band , they still making very original and good albums , try ' One Hot Minute ' and ' californication ' you'll not regret about it .

Originally posted by MDFan:
PEARL JAM duh

wink.gif

------------------
"It's Evolution Baby!"

I understand, but were talking about bands from the USA and U2 is from Ireland.

U2 is better than any band in the USA, but if you had to pick a best band from the USA, who would it be?

I think the BEST American band is probably Pearl Jam.

As for the title of biggest...Dave Matthews Band?

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I dunno about Pearl Jam - I see best in terms of relevance and if they've stretched themselves as artists and really strengthened their craft. Eddie on his own has made some neat solo songs, however most Pearl Jam albums don't stray too fair from the original. When you look at actors, you look at their range - I tend to size up bands the same way. So, I can't even think of a really good American band that has really stretched themselves and could be classified as the "Best."

Incubus show promise. I think they will have a U2 like ascent. A great debut record, not sure if they had another record before that one though. The follow up isn't as stellar as the debut, and it's a bit different but slowly growing on me. I predict Incubus will be around for a while and will grow and be taken more seriously. They out lasted a bunch of crappy bands that got popular when they did back in 98 and 99.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Oh yeah best band in America.

FUGAZI.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Hmmm... let's see: Limp Gizgit, Succubus, Weakin Park, Dink 281, N*Suck, Craap, Ditzy Spears, Korny, ...

Blargh...

All best bands come from Europe:
Beatles
Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Sex Pistols
Radiohead

Springsteen & the E Street Band .... together as a collective unit. IMHO the only live experience that is on par with U2.

Back
Top Bottom