If U2 are the best band in the world. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Monkey79:
Springsteen & the E Street Band .... together as a collective unit. IMHO the only live experience that is on par with U2.

FINALLY!!! Couldn't agree with you more.
smile.gif

REM is amazing too, imho.

JOURNEY!!!!

well, i got to this thread late but im gonna agree with you candyfloss...wilco is freaking amazing and better than almost any other band ive been hearing. im fortunate enough to have had an advance copy of the new wilco since november (connections!) and im going to see them next month. ANYONE who is remotely interested in country folk rock should give them a listen. they have the soul of america...

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

I would have said Bruce and Co. but I wasn't sure if they were together or not right now. Really, REM, Pearl Jam, and Bruce and the E Street Band are the only American acts that are really in the same league with U2, in means of talent and commercial success (the former weighing much heavier of course). Incubus is young and raw, they might get there someday, but I kinda doubt it. And Creed is bubble gum pop with power chords.

The Beastie Boys.
They'll steal your girly like they stole your bike....

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

Well, since you didnt specify ROCK bands...

WIthout a doubt, right now, the best band is OutKast. Their music is miles beyond anyone else's. Stankonia is like the Achtung Baby of Hip-Hop (and of the artists, DESERVE the album of the year award).

Destiny?s Child

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

Another vote for Wilco.

People: check them out, great lyrics, a bit of the ambience of Radiohead with a better pop sensibility. I live in Chicago and have watched their career develop. I also have the new album, which is coming soon but was released on their Website a while back.

My second favorite band.

Back
Top Bottom