If this happens, what would you think of the album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
We have the "maybe the rock has to go" quote and Bono saying he'd like to do some songs with just a voice next to acoustic guitar.

In the recent years there has been an increase of half-acoustic songs like SATS, Wild honey, Summer rain, Flower child, Fast cars, A man and a woman...

So if the band did an album in that direction - melodic songs with acoustic guitar, but little or no rockers/anthems, arrangements a la acoustic U2 tour miniset: acoustic guitars, bass and Larry on congas and maybe only Bono and Edge on some songs - how would you feel?

:shrug: I'm game I guess, but then I'm easily amused.:wink:

I don't know if they could do an entire album of acoustic lo-fi tunes, it would be different which I like and acoustic which I also like so the more I think about it, yes, it sounds good to me.

Firstly, i think you gotta take wat pish bono comes out wi with a pinch of salt. However.....i actually happen to like SATS, Wild honey, Summer rain, Fast cars, A man and a woman. So maybe it would be cool. Cant really see it happening tho as edge will be wanting to switch his effects pedals on

I think if they did this, the album would have a big chance of morphing into a pop record. Look at WITS: very pop. Plus, Bono is hyped about his new piano skills, so who knows? But I could go for acoustic.

I don't care where U2 goes. As long as the songs are strong and the production doesn't blow.

bono is just preparing his post-U2 crooner career.

however, i do think the future of u2 is to play a bit more relaxed with less noisy arrangements.

U2Man said:
bono is just preparing his post-U2 crooner career.

however, i do think the future of u2 is to play a bit more relaxed with less noisy arrangements.
jwe0254l.jpg

Odds are that it'd probably bore me. Then again, it could be really good like Summer Rain ...

i wonder how the tunes would be arranged setlist-wise against their back catalogue? would we see a tour off the more acoustic based U2 tunes? or would we be treated/subjected to acoustic renditions off their songs?
and most importantly. will we finally get to hear "drowning man" live?
how would "a sort of homecoming" sound acoustic? or streets? i think an acoustic rendition of WOWY with a violinist playing the infinite guitar parts would be interesting.

If the songs are good I'd be down with it

I seriously doubt U2 would do an entirely acoustic album though. But if the general feel of the next album is acoustic/mellow, that's fine. I prefer the heavier dark rock stuff, but U2 has plenty of good acoustic songs too...like Summer Rain :drool:

how come when i suggested that atyclb wouldve been epic if it was all acoustic everyone hated on it. now the concept is a good idea? wouldve been more shocking after pop, now itd just be overkill.

Back
Top Bottom