If this article is accurated, they have already 10 new songs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Well, I don?t know if it?s a good and reliable source, anyway I liked the news!
Here it goes:

Workaholic Bono Is Told: Ease Up; Pals' Health Fear
The Mirror, October 17, 2001

Paul Martin

Bono has been urged to slow down before he burns out. U2 want to make another album just days after finishing their world tour but pals fear for the lead singer's health and say he needs a break. The star, who is currently in Chicago, has already written 10 songs for a new record which will be released next year.

But pals fear that their exhausting tour, recording and promotional schedule will soon take a toll on the lead singer.

A source close to the band said: "Bono is the kind of guy who will work, work, work. He doesn't switch off from music.

"They will have a few days off when the tour wraps up in LA in November -- then they want to go back in the studio.

"But there are concerns that Bono is working too hard in what has been the hardest year of his and the band's life.

"With his father passing away and the physical and emotional stress of a year-long world tour something's got to give."

But guitarist The Edge says they are determined to go straight back into the recording studio.

He added: "I think we'll definitely take at least a weekend off at the end of tour before we start working on new songs. It's been a hard year.

"But we've already written songs and we're already hungry to make a new album."

smile.gif

I hope that the part about the 10 new songs is true, but I hope Bono's health is fine... If it had to be all true or all false, I would definitly wish that it would all be false and that Bono is healthy! I wonder what the new album will sound like. Will it be similar to all that you can't leave behind?

although i am pretty sure that most of us would like to be optimistic, and believe this, i dont know if we should get our hopes up to high. i wont believe anything that doesnt come from the band, itself.

besides, even if they do have 10 songs finished, that doesnt mean that the album will be very much closer to being completed. they will probably write 25-30 songs, and only choose to actually make 12 or so of them. i dont expect their new album till 2004 the earliest. although, i wish that this was not the case.

------------------
"Thou shalt think of U2 in thy daily prayers. Such is the first tenet of Bonotheism."

I think 2004 is much too far away for a future album. I think we'll see one coming out sometime late next year, or perhaps early 2003 at the latest. U2 definitely seems to be running high on creative juices right now, and I think from what Edge has said and the overall attitude of the band, they're really eager to get serious about new material. And plus, it's not like songwriting stops when you're on tour (eg. Zooropa). I'm sure they've got plenty of new material to work with already, they just need a break to get into the studio and really work with it.

I didn't know our finance minister wrote articles for tabloids! What a craazy world! lol

anyway, I think U2 will put out another album pretty soon, they've said for a long time that they had many great songs left over that just didn't fit on atyclb, and they've also said they really love writing songs together these days.
I wouldn't be surprised to see an album in 2002.. we'll just have to see. U2 isn't the easiest band to predict.

Back
Top Bottom