If the Mexico POP DVD Was Released...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow didnt know so many people dislike the Mexico concert.

I think it's a very very good concert. Certainly one of the better ones they did. Bono's voice is very very good and i think the crowd wasnt too bad as well.

I start to see it as a thing like ...........

Americans put it down the show , coz It's a popmart show , and coz it's in Mexico ..... Just read someone who said the show was bad , coz Bono said so many times Mexico ???? :eyebrow:

And as for some south americans who don't care about the show , coz are both latin-americans , and rather to not see a show from the are unless it's ur country , except for me who already I said , I do love the popmart mexico show .......

Now I ask is there any European or other place that isn't from America , who doesn't like it ?

Axver said:

Did that one have the mothers on stage, though? I honestly don't remember, as I haven't watched any footage from Popmart in over a year. But I do recall they were definitely there for at least one night in Buenos Aires, and I think that if a performance of MOTD were to be included, it would be essential to use a performance featuring the mothers. I remember watching a bootleg of it and being tremendously moved.

Yes, they were there in Santiago.

The Santiago show is actually my all-time fave concert vid. I love Mexico City, it was an amazing show and is my favorite commercially released U2 video, but I REALLY love Santiago.

I'm American, and I love PopMart Mexico :up:

I love Pop, PopMart, and all things Pop to begin with :drool: I think the show has a lot of great highlights, and have fallen in love with it.

Plus I think it's adorable/hilarious the way Bono keeps saying "Mexico", and the way the crowd is eating it up.

It's not the last night on Earth
It's Pop life in Mexico
Darling, don't you let me go
Mexico, Mexico, Mexico City
How did you get so high?
Darling, stay with me tonight
'Cause the world turns and we get dizzy
Sometimes we're slipping away

:drool: :drool:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I love Pop, PopMart, and all things Pop to begin with :drool: I think the show has a lot of great highlights, and have fallen in love with it.

Plus I think it's adorable/hilarious the way Bono keeps saying "Mexico", and the way the crowd is eating it up.

It's Pop life in Mexico
How did you get so high?

Yep that version of Last night on earth is just so incredible. :drool:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

It's Pop life in Mexico
How did you get so high?

Now that's the spirit

Well, I'm European, and it's not that I dislike the Mexico concert, I just think that some of the other shows that were filmed were better. The band seemed more relaxed and the crowds were more into it.

Maybe it's just because POP couldn't top ZOO TV that I've never loved my POP Mexico tape much.

I'm European and I like the Mexico video the best, for me every other filmed popmart concert just doesn't come close. I have never understood what's the fuss about the Santiago video. :shrug: Of course, it's also a very good gig, but certainly not MILES better than Mexico, like some people say here over and over again.

Miss Sarajevo (Sarajevo)
Sunday Bloody Sunday (Sarajevo)
Miami (Tel Aviv)
Mothers of the Disappeared (Santiago)

A Year in POP doc

the Lemon Malfunction :giggle:

Wasn't the Mexico video one of the best performances of the 3rd leg? I saw the show after Mexico and thought very little of the performance(Vancouver)

Any Edge Karaoke won't pass all the licensing fees - as would many of the cover songs Bono sung during the middle of Discoteque.

Lastly, would the Lemon Malfunction footage from Findland(?) really show much. All they did was walk out the back steps they use to enter - but they did it in the out on the catwalk.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
Wasn't the Mexico video one of the best performances of the 3rd leg? I saw the show after Mexico and thought very little of the performance(Vancouver)

Any Edge Karaoke won't pass all the licensing fees - as would many of the cover songs Bono sung during the middle of Discoteque.

Lastly, would the Lemon Malfunction footage from Findland(?) really show much. All they did was walk out the back steps they use to enter - but they did it in the out on the catwalk.

u2fp

I see it as Top 5 of Da tour

Like I said , Anyone find me a better version of Mofo , or All I want is you , or Last Night or One , you sure won't . Also NYD , listen how great Adam and Edge are , listen how Bono does the "Say It's True" part

ponkine said:
Highlights from Santiago and Sao Paulo 1998 :rockon: :bump: :bow: :camera: :up:

A Year In Pop Docummentary, Sarajevo Docummentary, Pop Mart Rotterdam Special (interviews and many live songs from the 18 July 1997 concert like Gone, EBTTRT, Please, WTSHHN, WOWY, etc), alternate videos of the singles, Mofo At MTV European Music Awards 1997, Miami live from 1997, Do You Feel Loved from 1997, Holy Joe at K-Mart 1997.

Very good. Except for the alternate videos for the singles, it would be cool but I don't know if it's necessary. I would add a few more things. So it is:

- Press conference at K-Mart along with the Holy Joe performance

- A Year In POP documentary

- A new Sarajevo Documentary filled with interviews from the boys TODAY, not just archive footage, also with the entire live versions of a few key songs from the show (Mofo, Gone, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Please, Where The Streets Have No Name, Miss Sarajevo and One)

- PopMart Rotterdam Special

- A new documentary about the South America leg with interviews from the band today with live footage (including Mothers Of The Disappeared from Chile)

- Mofo at MTV European Music Awards 1997

- Miami live

- Do You Feel Loved live

Those two documentaries (from Sarajevo and South America) would be very easy to do. Just sit them down on the studio for half an afternoon and make each one of them a few questions about those moments and they will deliver the goods (Bono will for sure) than mix that with live footage (not the entire songs) from the shows and interviews from that period. It will be perfect. In the menu for each of the docs could be the live songs from the concerts. They already have all the footage, just get some guy they trust to do the interviews and the editing. They still have time, this DVD would be a good chance to redeem PopMart from the negative stuff we hear about and show how glorious and amazing it was.

- "Holy Joe" at the K-Mart presentation
- "Do You Feel Loved" from one of the the early shows
- A performance of "Miami"
- Edge's Karaokes
- A Year In Pop
- Highlights from Sarajevo

I'm thinking that extended Sarajevo performance clips, K-Mart footage, Edge's hair at k-Mart, some of the Karaoke clips, DYFL, full band-SATS and ABC TV special are all video that should be intentially forgotten. Does it really show the band in the best light?

Also, I thought there was a 10 minute Sarajevo documentary on the best-of DVD?

u2fp

Miss Sarajevo and One from Sarajevo.

Year in Pop.
A performance of the other PoP songs: IFGWSHA, Miami, DYFL.
Montage (like in the elevation boston dvd) of the whole Popmart set being built.
The simpsons clips.

I would like to have as an extra the Rotterdam 07-18-97 songs Please \ Streets \ Discotheque and Velvet Dress.
It was aired on dutch tv that night.

I taped it that night coz I was at that cool show.
I watched the tape a month ago and it still sounds good , but my tape is beginning to wear out.
So put is as an extra:wink:

Check out the Popheart EP of Please to know what I`m talking about.
( it has Please \ Streets and SATS from the show )

Cheers

Mauwer

Mauwer said:
I would like to have as an extra the Rotterdam 07-18-97 songs Please \ Streets \ Discotheque and Velvet Dress.
It was aired on dutch tv that night.

I taped it that night coz I was at that cool show.
I watched the tape a month ago and it still sounds good , but my tape is beginning to wear out.
So put is as an extra:wink:

Check out the Popheart EP of Please to know what I`m talking about.
( it has Please \ Streets and SATS from the show )

Cheers

Mauwer

Hi :wave:

Actually my friend, there's much more footage from Rotterdam 18-07-1997 :up:

There's a DVD bootleg called U2 Yearbook 1997, that in fact is a part of many Yearbook DVD's from just that year :drool: and check what it was transmited for that show !!!

18.07.1997 - U2 SPECIAL - POPMART TOUR EUROPA 1997 - MTV (GERMAN TV)

INTERVIEWS IN ROTTERDAM, SUPPORT ACTS

LIVE FROM ROTTERDAM: POPMUZIK, MOFO, I WILL FOLLOW, GONE, EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING

MTV NETWORKS

18.07.1997 - U2 POPMART LIVE IN ROTTERDAM - VIVA

BBC DREAMCHASER PRODUCTION 97

LIVE FROM ROTTERDAM: PLEASE, WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME, LEMON, DISCOTHEQUE, IF YOU WEAR THAT VELVET DRESS, WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

I bet you the band have the full footage from this great gig :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom