If the members of U2 were colours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember it had problems when it came out and a couple of features I didn't like. I can't even remember what they were now, but there was no way I was upgrading from 6! :lol:

But the Pop cover brought that discussion to a swift conclusion!

Axver said:
WTF, PFan.

1. He's a Philly fan. No matter how badly your sports teams are doing, you should still be able to get him here.

2. I did not intend to start an international spelling bee, I just was making fun of America.

3. So you guys spell grey grey? No wonder I always spell it wrong.

4. My street number is 51. It's pretty logical, except I live next door to like 39...but this comes in handy when they demolish a yard and put in 3 houses...

5. Pfan, you seriously need to download firefox.

6. This is kind of brilliant.
phillyfan26 said:
I don't allign myself with America. I allign myself with an American childhood.

1. :lol:

2. Spelling's fun though. Especially when it's Proper English. 'Manoeuvre' is one of the coolest things.

3. Yep. Though my primary school had a Mrs Gray, which was confusing for little kids.

4. OK, I'd hate to find a house in the US. At least here, you know the first house of a street will be #1 and things will proceed logically from there with odd numbered houses on one side and even numbered houses on the other. It sounds like American numbers don't give you any clue. #694 could be the first house when you turn onto the street or it could be a kilometre away!

5. EVERYBODY needs to download Firefox.

Axver said:

4. OK, I'd hate to find a house in the US. At least here, you know the first house of a street will be #1 and things will proceed logically from there with odd numbered houses on one side and even numbered houses on the other. It sounds like American numbers don't give you any clue. #694 could be the first house when you turn onto the street or it could be a kilometre away!

First of all, it would not be a kilometer away but half a mile. Second of all, there's a logic to it often. Either a street is short, like mine, which is 3 blocks, so the fact that it starts at 1 and ends at 300 without having 300 houses isn't a big deal, or the numbers are based on the cross streets but there aren't 100 houses on each blocks, or you ask for directions, or you use mapquest/google maps.

Or you just get confused and go on holiday to New Zealand instead.

FitzChivalry said:

:lol:

Do they use the "u" in Canada? Or is that just England that spells "colours" like that?

The entire English-speaking world* spells it "colours."

* Except America. :angry: And perhaps other English-speaking countries that are not part of the Commonwealth.

dgtpag.jpg

We earned it. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

The entire English-speaking world* spells it "colours."

* Except America. :angry: And perhaps other English-speaking countries that are not part of the Commonwealth.

Let's make this easy: anywhere that doesn't use Proper English doesn't count as part of the English speaking world in the first place.

Enjoy your Americanish, Americans! :wave:

Axver said:

Let's make this easy: anywhere that doesn't use Proper English doesn't count as part of the English speaking world in the first place.

Enjoy your Americanish, Americans! :wave:

Watch out, that might catch on. We are the country that named our favorite junk food French Fries and then renamed them because we didn't like the foreign influence.

I was disappointed that when I visited the US, I didn't hear a single person call them freedom fries. :down:

Much like American global power in a broader historical context? :wink:

Your little 1945-now jaunt can't compare to a few centuries of Roman might. :tsk:

And who am I supposed to postwhore with now, huh?

Axver said:
Your little 1945-now jaunt can't compare to a few centuries of Roman might. :tsk:

And who am I supposed to postwhore with now, huh?

I'm here for 30 minutes but i will type incomprehensibly because i borrowed someones mini computer.

Back
Top Bottom