If Principle Management is going to shut down U2 fan sites...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flying FuManchu said:
This morning, I was just thinking the intro to Yahweh would make a great jingle for laundry detergent commercial...

Now that I think about it, it does sound like a washing machine, doesn't it.:eyebrow:

and the more I think about this commercial, the more I think the music was inspired by 'Walk On.' :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
u2.com, which now has a complete lyric section.

It's hardly complete. It's missing many, many songs that were included at this site, and at other fan sites. I've written and complained about it. (Yeah, like that'll do a lot of good.)

With regard to the subject of this thread, I heard that ad a few days ago and could not believe that someone could pull off such a blatant copy, with the voice over and everything! Unbelievable!

http://www.man.de/Facts_d_mpg (via U2log.com)

EDIT: http://www.man.de/fileadmin/Imagekampagne/Facts_30_Sekunden_de_final.mpg

- for some f*ckin reason I cannot post the direct link here..the ".mpg" is constantly changed into "_mpg" when I submit my post. So make sure to click on the link but change the _mpg back into .mpg when you try to open it.

it's a "bit" more than JUST a sound-a-like, they've copied chord progressions and synth effects almost to the note...
This usually happens a lot with the now overplayed music of Moby. That they choose to do this now with the intro "Walk On" is a bit surprising...

Last edited:
^^ ok WTF now the little 'dots' in front of mpg are still changed into _

just be clear: click on the above link - it'll give you a 404 not found error - look in the address bar and change the _ into a dot at the end just before the mpg (sjeezzzz what a hassle, sorry for that, but this board won't let me post it otherwise it seems)

Last edited:
It may have been removed...and still in some peoples cache??? Just checked U2log and it doesn't work for me either...

yes that's right the link via U2log isn't working anymore. They changed it to the one I gave above in the editted post. That one should work with the little change of the "_" into "." right before "mpg" in the link.

Hop eyou can see it, because the sound a like is very very very close rendition

From what I've heard its Universal the record company/conglomerate that's shutting down sites or parts of sites not the management arm of the U2 organization (Principal Management). And everybody knows the record companies are a bunch of customer hating types...

Check out the song "Principle of Joy" by Thom.

Then you will see what copying someone's music REALLY means...

I really hate this "CIA" and "Pentagon" principal management attitude, you know, "You must be with us, otherwise..." :down: :tsk:

What are they so afraid of ? :eyebrow:

why they´re closing links related to this ? :eyebrow:

They already closed the legendary site womanfish.com, and now they´re closing more and more fan sites, but they don´t close sites in which "fans" sell DVD bootlegs, but they´re against bootlegs sharing on fan sites :banghead:

They´ve closed many petitions about unreleased stuff on DVD, allowing taping shows legally, etc :silent:

There´s only one reason to explain all this:

MONEY, CASH, DINERO, ARGENT, GELD, etc, etc :tsk:

voxson said:
Check out the song "Principle of Joy" by Thom.

Then you will see what copying someone's music REALLY means...

Damn that's just scary! I can hear both City Of Blinding Lights and Miracle Drug in there. :eyebrow: Makes you wonder... :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom