If New Songs Leak Will You Listen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonna Run 2 U

New Yorker
The thing that i dislike about the internet is its ability to ruin surprises. Songs leak easy and before you know it, you've heard the entire album before its release. I am going to try my best to just wait until i randomly hear the new single on the radio and fight off the urge to download songs before the release date. I want to rush into the store and buy the album blindly. What are you guys gonna do?

this is different..ive seen my girlfriends body many times.. i dont have to sneak a peak...id rather just get laid then get a few hand jobs and not be able to finish.

Last edited:
hell yeah. this waiting shit is stupid. either your going to like the songs or not. hearing it before it's released has no bearing on that. unless your into the "placebo" effect. now downloading it so you have to avoid buying it, that i have issues with. if you download the songs and like them, then go buy the album.

haha come on how is that too much info? its just a metaphor

i will not listen to leaked songs, i always do that but not for this album.

Gonna Run 2 U said:
this is different..ive seen my girlfriends body many times.. i dont have to sneak a peak...id rather just get laid then get a few hand jobs and not be able to finish.

well everytime i make love to my wife it's a little different, and that i love her soo much, i never tire of looking at her from a different angle, and i appreciate her for her sheer beauty knowing everytime I see her nude, doesn't necessarily mean that i get to consumate our love with the act of intercourse.

dbs

diamond, stick to the topic please :|

Gonna Run 2 U said:

Same goes for you.. this is entirely too much info and doesnt belong in this thread.

Haha. Yes I will listen to the album if it leaks. Absolutely. One of my fondest U2 memories is listening to HTDAAB the morning it leaked in '04.

Well some of us love Bono in a spiritual sense the same way we love our lovers in a physical sense.

It was an analogy only.:sexywink:

If we get to hear a blip of Bono it's like catching your lover in the buff, with no time to bond.

dbs

I won't listen to any of the leaked songs. Hell, I wouldn't even listen to any of the songs when HTDAAB came out until I got it for x-mas.

Yes, I have some strange discipline that even I can't comprehend sometimes.

U2opra said:
I won't listen to any of the leaked songs. Hell, I wouldn't even listen to any of the songs when HTDAAB came out until I got it for x-mas.

Yes, I have some strange discipline that even I can't comprehend sometimes.

..and dont you feel like you enjoyed it more when you finally got to hear it? i bet you liked the album more too.

I just miss the days (feeling) when the internet wasnt around and you actually had to wait until the release date to hear the songs and its a great breath of fresh air when it arrives!

Last edited:
this thread makes Bill O. cry...

oreillymeltdown.jpg

I will most likely wait. I let go of my willpower for the leak of the REM album, but honestly wished I'd waited. Oh well.

There was nothing like the feeling I got back in 2004. When i got home from work at 9:30pm on a Saturday night, only to come home to a leaking U2 album!

Though my internet was that slow back in those days it took me till about 4am to finish the damn thing.

I will be downloading this time around too!

Most people would listen to beach clilps even if they are barely audible and still discuss how the song sounds and the direction they are taking, so why would they wait a few weeks?

I will download it :) but i'll still buy it even though i heard it all ( hopefully some extra bonus tracks to go along with the buying :) )

I will listen to any leaks that surface leading up to the album like Irishteen's clips but nothing so substantial that it will make the album less exciting/surprising to listen to

corianderstem said:
I will most likely wait. I let go of my willpower for the leak of the REM album, but honestly wished I'd waited. Oh well.

I listened to it on ilife website...R.E.M. uploaded the album specifically so people could listen first I think...

hey cori...I'm curious, since I can't find any R.E.M. forums and you're the only one on here who has mentioned it so far...briefly, what'd you think of the new album?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom