if mdh consisted of u2 songs only, would you prefer it over atyclb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i would have preferred mdh over atyclb if it consisted entirely of new u2 songs

• yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
listening to mdh got me thinking. i like it a lot. tgbhf is one of my fave u2 songs. stateless? excellent. never let me go, although not u2 but very related, fantastic.

if they would have released a studio album full of u2 songs at that time that sounded like the mdh, would it have been better? impossible to say of course. but, as to sound, feel and atmosphere you can have a judgment based on the abovementioned songs. whats your verdict?

Last edited:
Polls, Polls, Polls everywhere I go dooo doooo doooo

No- probably not :|

That's too hard to say...I'd really have to hear the songs to make a decision.

I do adore TGBHF and "Stateless" though...those are great tracks!

I'd say yes, since I prefer the style of mdh to the style of atyclb

Don't think so. I connect too much with ATYCLB and so hardly any new song could change my decision......

As much as I like mdh and tgbhf and stateless, the whole mood and vibe of that record doesn't fit. Besides ATYCLB is excellent and I don't think it can be replaced.

I think if they took off Peace On Earth & Grace, and added Stateless & TGBHF, ATYCLB would be better and more daring record than it is considered by some IMHO. I would probably consider it my favorite U2 record as well. It's still a great album, with some of my favorite U2 songs, so I would give it the nod over the MDH sdtk. All the U2/Bono tracks are great on MDH and rival some of the ATYCLB material to my ears.

Hawkmoon1021 said:
I think if they took off Peace On Earth & Grace, and added Stateless & TGBHF, ATYCLB would be better and more daring record than it is considered by some IMHO. I would probably consider it my favorite U2 record as well. It's still a great album, with some of my favorite U2 songs, so I would give it the nod over the MDH sdtk. All the U2/Bono tracks are great on MDH and rival some of the ATYCLB material to my ears.

Oh, my...Replacing Grace and Peace on Earth with Stateless and TGBHF would be amazing! :happy:

NO not a big fan of the earthy mellow vibe of the MDH soundtrack U2 although TGBHF is awesome, still prefer ATYCLB sounds...

Back
Top Bottom