If it is Osama bin Laden.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
How do you think we'll be able to pin it directly on him? I'm sure he's not stupid enough to have it lead straight back to him and if he actually did how will we get custody of him and all of the higher ups that he's associated with? If we don't get everyone with that kind of power in his organization it won't do any good and we'll continue to be attacked in various ways by them. Is it even possible to get all of them? Or him??

------------------
We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of the earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill

I think the CIA trained Bin Laden rather well...he knows U.S. intelligence too well, so, he'll remain well hidden in the Afghani mountains.

Afghanistan's Taliban won't give him up. They have nothing to gain. They don't care if they get isolated in the world community...and i don't think they care if that country gets bombed...it's been bombed since 1979 and is already in ruins. I think the US has to get Bin Laden through the help of Pakistan's military government.

Pakistan's been worried over the past two years that US has started leaning toward India as an ally...Pakistan's been getting isolated in the world community. Here's a chance for it to get back into it and help capture these guys. Even though Pakistan assists the Taliban government of Afghanistan, Pakistan should rat out Bin Laden.

The trouble is, these terrorist groups also train the mercenaries and "freedom fighters" fighting the Indian army in Jammu-Kashmir, and Pakistan wants that undeclared war to continue and pressure India into pulling out of Kashmir. Even though Pakistan is a nuclear power and bombing the shit out of it is probably not smart, since who knows who it would react, the US can put all sorts of other pressure on Pakistan. The country depends majorly on world bank and IMF money to keep it afloat.

We shall see how this plays out. Whether it's going to be a detailed thought-out strategy, or a PR move by Washington to bomb somebody/anybody so it looks like the US is taking charge again. If the latter, then i think we might see the US try to take out Taliban/Bin Laden targets in Afghanistan and Pakistan, but also target people like Libya's Momar Qadaffi and Iraq's Saddam Hussein (even though world leaders are supposedly not to be targeted...).

Back
Top Bottom