If I could turn back time ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eliv8

Refugee
It was 10 years ago today I saw my first U2 concert at San Diego Sports Arena. Zoo TV. 17th row (floor) and the ticket was 26 bucks. Easy to remember - with it being tax day. I played the CD all summer and then they came back in the fall and played at Jack Murphy Stadium. Bless 'em. Two unbelievable shows.

Sounds like a great time! What a nice memory. Wish I was there!

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Sounds like a great time! What a nice memory. Wish I was there!

Me too! I really wish I had been old enough to experience ZooTv. I love watching the "live from Sydney" video!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

OMIGOD, it'll be ten years on the 23rd since I saw my first U2 gig!! I can remember it like yesterday wow.... Thx for reminding me!
biggrin.gif

Hey Eliv8, I went to both those shows as well, and they were my 7th and 8th shows of being a U2 fan. I agree with you, those two shows were amazing...ZooTV was simply a mindblowing, sensory overload spectacle. The April 15 show highlight for me was hearing the Edge sing 'Van Diemen's Land'. Thanks for the memories!

By the way, after seeing the ZooTV Outside Broadcast in San Diego on November 10, I immediately after the show purchased a ticket to see them at the last ZooTV show in the U.S. at Anahiem Stadium on November 14. Anyone else attend that show? The highlight for me were hearing Dirty Old Town, My Girl, and Ultraviolet, (Light My Way), and seeing the concrete rafters move up and down some 2 to 3 feet from the fans jumping up and down during 'Where The Streets Have No Name'...that was something, gives me chills even now just thinking about it.

Chris

Awesome!
biggrin.gif
Memories are always fun...

I was just thinking today how this Spetember 9th it will be ten years since my first ever U2 show, Zoo TV Outside broadcast in Detroit. Fun times.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Do you have an opinion, a mind of your own?
I thought you were special, I thought you should know

Back
Top Bottom