If HTDAAB has songs that sound like...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then why not just go listen to AB???

I'd be pissed if the album had songs sounding like those.

They are also some of my favourite U2 song ever.

Don't say the album sucks cuz it doesn't sound like AB. This goes for everyone out there, lol, if anyone complains the album sucks cuz it doesn't sounds like Boy, October, War, UF, JT, RH, AB, Zooropa, Pop, Passengers, or ATYCLB...I'll be very upset, lol! :wink:

If you read my posts i am the one who defends the same points as you about people cvomplianing that the album will suck. I am just saying if it sounded something like that then i would really love it if it doesn't but the music is good i will still love it . And yes i still listen to actung baby umm ide say about 5 or 6 times a month! and sometimes more and ive been listening to it at that pace for years now! never gets old!

innocent_eyes said:
Don't say the album sucks cuz it doesn't sound like AB. This goes for everyone out there, lol, if anyone complains the album sucks cuz it doesn't sounds like Boy, October, War, UF, JT, RH, AB, Zooropa, Pop, Passengers, or ATYCLB...I'll be very upset, lol! :wink:

That's Ok, cuz I think it'll suck if it doesn't sound like a hybrid of Wide Awake in America and Under a Blood Red Sky with a hint of Hasta La Vista and a smidge of Melon. :up:

:sexywink:

Actually, I quite agree

Personally, I don't want too much AB influence. Now some eighties U2 (re: UF, JT) influence would be fantastic ...

as long as U2 keep doing something original every album I'll be happy. And as they have yet to repeat themselves once, I'd say there's a good chance I'll be happy :).

dabiggestu2fan said:
Even better then the real thing,
Until the end of the world,
Utltraviolet,
Mysteroius ways,
One

I will be he happiest man alive!

why on earth would you want new songs to sound like old ones? if you want to hear all those songs, then go and listen to achtung baby.

it's like an artist painting the same picture over and over again. what's the point?

uh hellooooooooo....... didnt you read my posts???? i for one listen to AB quite a few times a month! and 2 I said if they sound like AB ide be very happy. Whats the big deal? frig AB was a great album for me I wouldnt mind getting an album as powerfull as that one so my advice to you is that YOU go listen to AB!

dabiggestu2fan said:
uh hellooooooooo....... didnt you read my posts???? i for one listen to AB quite a few times a month! and 2 I said if they sound like AB ide be very happy. Whats the big deal? frig AB was a great album for me I wouldnt mind getting an album as powerfull as that one so my advice to you is that YOU go listen to AB!

yeah ok...great idea...i'll go listen to achtung baby and appreciate it for what it's worth. why do you want another album that sounds the same way? they've already been there and done that.

OK, it might sound a bit like AB but I don't really buy into AB influencing the new album. I just don't picture them sitting down and listening to AB or revisiting leftover AB stuff whilst putting the new album together.....just b/c something sounds like something else doesn't mean one influenced the other.

songs like
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
A Man And A Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer
Original Of The Species
Yahweh