If Bullet was indeed dropped ......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
On That Atu2 survey , people chose Bullet as song should be dropped , and many people here ask for it ....... But there's something .....

Since ZOOTV , Streets started a tradition to be in the middle of the show , and be the Highlight , and just like it , Bullet started a tradition on the tour of bein the highlight of the whow in term of solo of Edge .....

Now If it was dropped there should be a song to be the biggest one solo of the set , and songs like Until the End or not even Fly could fill it

What song should be brought to be the biggest solo of the set ? Love is Blindness again ? Ideas people

sometimes traditions should be broken

i dont see why there would have to be a song with a big solo to take its place

U2lunatic said:
What about Electric co. ?

Electric Co is great but it's a bit short in terms of Bullet , in this tour , what comes the most closer is Fly , but still not in the range of Bullet .

If they really put 404 in the next album , now it could a be solo in the range of it ....

I know this sounds cliche , but what I say is Bullet wantin or not since ZOOTV it became a guitar hero solo , and it's nice to at least one song in the set to be like this , So it would be need a solo that isn't only a good u2 solo , but a real great guitar solo

Last edited:
If they do indeed play bullet, fuckign PLAY THE SONG!! The Vertigo version sucked, with Edge doing the slow bluesy solo. Do it like Zoo TV or not at all!

The_acrobat said:
The Vertigo version sucked, with Edge doing the slow bluesy solo. Do it like Zoo TV or not at all!

I think the bluesy solo was a welcome change, actually. Zoo TV Bullet's solo is amazing and all, but I think the song would be even more boring than it currently is if it had stayed the same since Zoo TV.

They can't really do much else with the song at this point. Needs to be dropped. And who's to say Edge couldn't extend the solo in The Fly?

I wonder if it will make it to the next tour. I mean, U2 might change their sound and image. I wonder if the song will be relevant by next tour.

:yikes: I would have to agree with Chizip also. :shifty: Why does there need to be a solo? They had tours prior to the Joshua Tree that didnt have Bullet. I can see them needing a political song to fit in the set somewhere. They could use Please or Love And Peace just as easily as Bullet to fit that criteria.

U2girl said:
:shrug: At least it gets reinvented each tour.

I agree with this. At least they keep it interesting. But what do I know since my favorite versions are POPMart and Vertigo.

A version with just Bono and Larry out at the tip of the eillipse/heart with Bono rapping the song and Larry doing a beatbox would be amazing.

elevated_u2_fan said:
^^

I agree, there's not enough beatbox being used.

Why not have Edge blow into a jug, Larry could play the spoons and Adam could have a Kazoo solo.

Imagine Bullet on the Kazoo...:drool:

Problem there is Bono would have to play the washboard. It would be hard for him to do the rap and play at the same time. Would require alot of rehearsal/soundcheck time and work. If its work for them to do, U2 would never do it! :wink: So acoustic it would be at that point! :laugh:

There are many old tired songs that need to be dropped for a while. Pride for example is also getting very lame for me. They need to drop some regulars in the last tour and put in some more fresh stuff.

Acrobat, Stay, Love is blindness, Discotheque, Last night on earth, Gone, Please, Electric Co.

And so many more that U2 just arent playing anymore, i would rather hear those then the same old songs.

Back
Top Bottom