If Adam and Edge switch on 40, shouldn't Bono and Larry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, we like to call this hypothetical situation 'The Boner Effect".
Symptons include out-of-time droning sounds, scary, growling vocals, and the occasional drumstick in the face.

he looks so hot drumming for love and peace :drool: and larry looks hot singing 'dirty old town' - maybe they should switch sometimes.

Considering the historical origins of Edge and Adam swapping instruments, there's no reason for Bono and Larry to swap. It's not as if Bono plays drums on the War album version of 40 because Larry wasn't present!

Its been done before..........

Not for "40"

Sydney on the Lovetown Tour, During Stand By Me, Larry sang and Bono took over on drums.

KhanadaRhodes said:

And yet you secretly keep a much-loved stash of CDs containing every recording of Larry's ZooTV drinking songs. :wink:

Axver said:

And yet you secretly keep a much-loved stash of CDs containing every recording of Larry's ZooTV drinking songs. :wink:
I know about that too, it's right next to her shrine to Stuck In A Moment... candles and everything. Pretty creepy. :yikes:

catlhere said:
I know about that too, it's right next to her shrine to Stuck In A Moment... candles and everything. Pretty creepy. :yikes:

Nothing compares to the gigantic gothic cathedral she constructed in honour of When I Look At The World. :drool:

the thing is though, adam can play guitar to a decent standard. Same as edge with a bass. Larry CANNOT sing in tune! (dunno who told him he can) & bonos got no timing or rythmn (on the chicago dvd, hes clearly out of time with larry at the end)
Stick with what you know best:wink:

Last edited:
craigp said:
the thing is though, adam can play guitar to a decent standard. Same as edge with a bass. Larry CANNOT sing in tune! (dunno who told him he can) & bonos got no timing or rythmn (on the chicago dvd, hes clearly out of time with larry at the end)
Stick with what you know best:wink:

It's all in fun. To be honest, he can't carry a tune well, but Larry does sing a lot of backup behind the drumset. You just never notice. :wink:
Sometimes it's easier to be in a chorus than to be a solo artist.

I love Larry. Really, I do. But I've heard a cat caterwauling much better htan his singing. Yeowch.

Lol, can just imagine Bono trying to preach from behind the drumkit while Larry stuffs his hands in his pockets and scowls at the audience. ;)

Larry singing 40 would be creepy along the same lines as the guy in the trenchcoat at the park who wants to give you puppies if you take a walk with him.:|

Canadiens1160 said:
Larry singing 40 would be creepy along the same lines as the guy in the trenchcoat at the park who wants to give you puppies if you take a walk with him.:|

I do that on Fridays.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom