IE Unappreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
That's it! After dozens of instances of "Server Not Found" pages on pages that are suddenly found on one refresh, and now after slow responses to downloads and mistaking mp3 links for 1 *.htm file and another on the same page for a *.jpg file, I must conclude it is a browser of complete crap.

Now I am using Netscape 6.1. Might not format everyone's pages correctly (mostly due to web developer programs using IE's sloppy and unstandard HTML standards), but at least it works on my computer.

Now if only there were a viable competitor against Windows, I'd be all up for that as well.
mad.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Melon: 100% agreed. IE SUCKS.

I can never use it for this site, along with many others so I must use the slowest, most disk-consuming browser: Netscape.

Why can't it just be more simple? Who wnats so many buttons?

Thank you!

Hey Bama.. a little tip. If you press stop, it'll stop all the animations from going and stop your cursor from blinking like a Turkish wild woman. I admit I've been rather put off by the whole crazy cursor blinking thing. Makes me want to type posts as fast as I can before the cursor's blinkrate increases to the point where it vanishes and the universe implodes.

Originally posted by U2Bama:
I use it here, but these new animated smilies are causing my cursor to blink too much.

Interesting, but it's true. For some reason, Netscape processes animated GIFs at a really high rate, compared to IE. Well, it also looks like Netscape is coming up with a version 6.2, as I just noticed the folder for it created the other day on it's FTP site, but it's currently empty.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Leave it to Microsoft to further the dumbing down of the computer experience. Wonder why so many people who are online also claim to be computer illiterate? Microsoft likes it that way. The less you know about computers, the less you'll question their decisions, and the more control they'll gain.

And why would you download a browser when they spoon feed you one that's already right there when you buy your computer? They can make it look like whatever they want, and people eat it up. Then they make their OS so it fucks up with any other software. I would use Netscape, but that would cause even more problems.

I hate Microsoft.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Makes me want to type posts as fast as I can before the cursor's blinkrate increases to the point where it vanishes and the universe implodes.

Its funny cuz I dont doubt that itd actually happen, just be typing one day and then pfft! universe is gone...

Originally posted by U2Bama: Stop? Where is this "stop" button you mention, SkeeK? The only one I am familiar with is on my CD player

Umm... Web browsers do have a stop button ya know... Red with a white X, says stop underneath? *sigh* poor ppl who cant use anything more complex then a fork...

IE gets a big
icon34.gif
icon34.gif
icon34.gif
icon34.gif
out of 5
icon34.gif
s, for total and utter craptacularity.

How many feckin times do I have to edit this damn message before it posts me images righT! GAH!!

[This message has been edited by ~unforgettableFOXfire~ (edited 10-29-2001).]

I see that button you mention, unforgettableFOXfire, but it is not raised when I am in this screen for some reason; I am using AOL via IE. No big deal though; I guess I will just asimilate to the blinking.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom