IDEA: Ever imagine 'Love Is Blindness' seguing into 'Streets' ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I'd kinda like to hear that, it has the synthesizer, which could easily switch over to the beginning organ of Streets' beginning...

For some reason, the desperate, pleading, "darker" songs always sound great leading into Streets...I think it's the contrast in moods...and Love Is Blindness is a perfect example.

The "hallelujahs" in RTSS, the "pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaase" at the end of Please...these work so well because of the mood they set right before those beautiful synthesizers kick in.

In short, I like the idea.

U2DMfan said:
If anything it would mean they'd play LIB for the first time since 1993.

So I'd be down with it.

Yeah. They could play it after Vertigo and I'd still be in awe. Love Is Blindness is a great song, especially live.

Zoocoustic said:
For some reason, the desperate, pleading, "darker" songs always sound great leading into Streets...I think it's the contrast in moods...and Love Is Blindness is a perfect example.....

I think you may be right. The contrast from the moods of two connected songs forces you to recognize the change in your own mood. It's almost like a rollercoaster at the top of a hill.

I think most people would want to relate to a desperate, pleading, struggling-type of song that turns into a song of hope, reassurance, strength & compassion.

SunBloc said:

I think you may be right. The contrast from the moods of two connected songs forces you to recognize the change in your own mood.

Yeah, I think the feeling of sinking so low with LIB would lead to such an unbelievable high when the intro to Streets would come on...:combust:

I imagine that being a fantastic contrast as i love the difference in both songs :yes: :up:

Zoocoustic said:
For some reason, the desperate, pleading, "darker" songs always sound great leading into Streets...I think it's the contrast in moods...and Love Is Blindness is a perfect example.

The "hallelujahs" in RTSS, the "pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaase" at the end of Please...these work so well because of the mood they set right before those beautiful synthesizers kick in.

In short, I like the idea.

:up::up:

I've definitely considered this before. I think it'd be brilliant. It'd be a fantastic way to end a show, or the main set at least. One of their most dark and depressing songs into their most uplifting. Beautiful.

I think that would be really cool. I can "picture" Bono holding the last blindness into the streets intro, a little like the final please in that segue.

Listening right now to LIB from Zoo Sydney followed by Streets from 12/26/89 Lovetown to see how it works.

Ohh, this song... :drool: :drool: :drool: :heart: :combust:

edit: It's not bad.. sounds like it's from the same concert even! But there is no solid musical link like RTSS/Streets or Please/Streets. Maybe it needs some editing. :mac: :drool:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
Listening right now to LIB from Zoo Sydney followed by Streets from 12/26/89 Lovetown to see how it works.

Ohh, this song... :drool: :drool: :drool: :heart: :combust:

edit: It's not bad.. sounds like it's from the same concert even! But there is no solid musical link like RTSS/Streets or Please/Streets. Maybe it needs some editing. :mac: :drool:

I haven't tried it out, but I agree with Zoot.

I don't think the songs have anything in common thematically to link with each other. Whereas Please and Running to Stand Still deal with going somewhere else.

"She runs through the streets
With her eyes painted red
Under a black belly of cloud in the rain"

and

"Please, please, please
Get up off your knees
Please, please
Leave me out of this mess"

going into

"I want to feel sunlight on my face
See the dust cloud disappear without a trace
I want to take shelter from the poison rain"

Know what I mean, Vern?

this is actually an original and good idea... i like it.

although love is blindness is great no matter where it's played so long as it's in fact played at all.

I still think that the contrast would be too big :hmm: but I'll only find out if they do it. Wich I doubt. Anyway I would love to hear this song live no matter what! I can't even explain how much I adore LIB. But I bet some of you feel the same ;)

I think that they could pull it off. But, I think that it's a song that works best as the last song they play, it kinda blows you away emotionaly.

Hi

Couldn’t resist doing this mix ;)

Had thought about it for a while and as I had nothing to do today I thought that it’s as good a day as any to attempt it.

I used the 2 songs from the famous Dublin Zoo gig – and added a little bit.

http://www.save file.com/projects.php?pid=370823

Love it or hate it?

Back
Top Bottom