I'd really like to TALK about Xanax and Wine and Levitate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
I'd really like to have some "private conversations" about these 2 tracks. Away from the "mess" this place has become "recently". Send me an email at

brau1 at yahoo dot com

Let me know what you think, and I'll let you know what I think. :hmm:

You all are welcome to discuss the tracks in this thread.

No requests please!

Xanax and Wine is fantastic. I would place it somewhere between Are you gonna wait forever and Mercy in termes of quality. I have not listened to levitate very much so I can't comment on it.

Mercy -> Xanax and Wine -> Fast Cars
Levitate -> Wild Honey, Miracle Drug (and maybe an inspiration for Elevation?)

both great songs. Bono's vocals need work on Xanax, but i know it wasn't the finished product, obviously, with the release of Fast Cars.

i really like the song "Love You Like Mad", btw.

Hmmm. I' had some good "conversations" with people regarding X&W and Levitate. If anyone else whom hasn't "conversed" with me about these 2 tracks wants to, send me a email:

brau1 at yahoo dot com

I'd also love to discuss Love You Like Mad and Smile.

One of my favorite lyrics ever is Tool from Ænima:

"don't just call me negative, TRY AND READ BETWEEN THE LINES."

remined me of X&W. maybe not.

Last edited:
Oh, I get it, these tracks really mean something to you and you would only feel comfortable discussing your reactions to them in private. I will send you an email.

I'd like to converse about them too (nanitram@hotmail.com), but apparently I will have to wait until iTunes deems it necessary to move north of Buffalo.

Unfortunately it looks like some bozo has decided to release the song Xanax and Wine to the general public, giving a bad name to all of us who like to pay for our music. The offending url is [download link removed]

I have already reported this to the RIAA and I suggest you do the same, here is their site:

http://www.riaa.com/issues/piracy/report.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe this. He keeps posting new ones [download link removed]. Does anyone know what we can do to get this taken down as quickly as possible? I doubt the RIAA are even open again until next Monday. Maybe they have some sort of emergency hotline that is open even on holidays? I tried looking on their website but was not able to find one.
http://tinyurl.com/63355http://tinyurl.com/42m9h

Last edited:
You bunch of nazi's. Downloading every HTDAAB track while it wasn't released yet, and now putting someone in trouble for offering these rare tracks? I like to hear them on yousendit or somenting and when i like them, maybe buying them on i-tunes.

szuchy said:
Unfortunately it looks like some bozo has decided to release the song Xanax and Wine to the general public, giving a bad name to all of us who like to pay for our music. The offending url is [download link removed]

I have already reported this to the RIAA and I suggest you do the same, here is their site:

http://www.riaa.com/issues/piracy/report.asp

ya know... yea... people should buy the digital box set... but to report someone to the RIAA? that's not cool... not cool at all. how Lars of you.

as for Xanax and Wine... the chorus is too long. if the chorus was a good 10-15 seconds shorter, the song would be great. but unfortunatly it's not... so fast cars is still better, by default.

szuchy said:
I can't believe this. He keeps posting new ones [download link removed]. Does anyone know what we can do to get this taken down as quickly as possible? I doubt the RIAA are even open again until next Monday. Maybe they have some sort of emergency hotline that is open even on holidays? I tried looking on their website but was not able to find one.

Please tell me you're joking.:|

szuchy said:
I have already reported this to the RIAA and I suggest you do the same

Wow, cannibals!

Turn on one of your own and watch him/her fry!

It is amazing just how divided this community has become. It is sad and out of control (no pun intended). People can agree to disagree, and people have every right to have an opinion, but to turn some one in is down right disgusting.

You must have been the class snitch in school. If I remember correctly, when your type squealed to the teacher about someone, we all had to stay in at recess so WE ALL learned a lesson. Your type just sat at the front of the room with a grin on your face knowing that you had made teacher happy. What you failed to understand is that drawing attention to this individual and this site could have long-term effects that will impact all of us.

I don’t condone illegal activity. I support U2 in buying all versions of their albums, singles, DVD’s, concert tickets and other merchandise. I understand that some people cannot afford to buy $150.00 music collections. I accept the fact that people will trade or download these songs illegally out of pure desperation. I also acknowledge that others do it when they are capable of buying the content, but choose not to.

We are not the moral police, and not one of us can claim to truly understand the motives of another. We all joined this forum for one reason, which is our love or admiration of U2. The last time I checked we didn’t join to turn in our fellow fan in the hopes of making a point or making ourselves look good.

For shame.
:shame:

Why the hell did you bring the RIAA into this, this is an internal matter to be resolved for crying out loud!!!

This thread is no longer a discussion, this is the ruin of a community. I'd like to think we could be civilised as a community, you hear that word COMMUNITY. Instead this is like a totalitarian state where you snitch on your fellow members.

I AM JUST GOBSMACKED. I HOPE THE RIAA DON'T DO ANYTHING TO OUR BELOVED BLUE CRACK.

Calm down guys. If you look at any of my other posts you will see that I hate the RIAA with a passion. That last post was just a ruse to distract the moderators from the download links. Unfortunately, it was ineffective.

Last edited:
lets take this thread back to what its suppose to be: a discussion of the new songs.

I like the drums on Xanax, I liked the heavy guiatars, not so much the verbose lyrics and extensions in there,

I wish ABOY's fast heavy guitars were in ABOY HTDAAB version....man they rock my earphones...well nearly.

There are some things I like about the ABOY album version, others I like about the alternate one. Overall I prefer the alternate one. I like the drumsticks in the alternate intro better. Also there is a certain vocal in the alternate version that has a better melody, I forget what time it is at though.

I also like alternate ABOY too. The verse kicks major ass in comparison to the album ABOY. I also think the chorus is cooler. I like Vertigo better than NAtive Son, but I like the alternate version of ABOY much better than the album version.

Here is my attempt to decifer the lyrics of Levitate.

Levitate:

It's in your voice
I can feel it, I can tell
It's in your voice
It has me ringing like a bell
Peace of Mind
Peace comes trotting slow
I'm in the mind to let go of Control

Spirit come on down, no I'm not coming down.

In the backstreet of our love
Through the locked doors
Deep down that is not enough

Who can stop us now?
It's much too late,
Who can slow us down?
We can hesitate.
I want a love that's hard
As hard as hate.
Levitate

To be the bee
To be the bee and the flower
before the sweetness
before the sweetness turns to sour
And Freedom comes,
and Freedom has a scent,
it's like the top of a new born babies head.
Maybe we can taste it, you and I.

Who could stop us now?
Who could make us wait?
Who could slow us down?
Make us hesitate?
I want a love that's hard
As hard as hate.
Levitate

Lift me up

Are we allowed to discuss the lyrics? :huh:

I'm not saying I don't want to, nor am I in favor of not posting them, but I'm so darn confused about just how far this whole new policy goes... :(

Oh, and I'm happy to hear the RIAA thing was a ruse, b/c I was just about to go ballistic... But I guess I can reel it in, lol. Man, am I on edge or what? (no pun intended)

PS: thank god it's the holidays! I expect to be getting an e-mail Monday morning stat, lol... :shifty:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom