I'd like to hear U2 cover...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, you want us to list our picks, One Tree Still?

"Everybody Hurts" by REM comes to mind...as well as "Never Tear us Apart" by INXS, which they have inserted pieces of into their songs on tour.

"Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones (I know they've done a snippet in concert that I've heard, but I'd love to hear the entire thing covered).

I would love to hear U2 cover Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. I think they could really do an amazing cover of that tune.

Peace.

Ooh...

good question. Let's see...I agree with the mention of "Imagine".

And I think it'd be neat to hear a version of "Pretty Woman".

And I know they did snippets of "Ruby Tuesday" and "Sympathy For The Devil" from the "Rattle and Hum" movie-I'd like to hear a full version of those.

I wonder how a version of "Yesterday" would sound by them?

Angela

My Sweet Lord- George Harrison.

I think this song suits U2, Bono did sing it pretty well at the last show of the Elevation "world" tour.The Edge shouldnt have much of a problem playing that slide guitar.Plus the choir would be fairly simple as well, it would be great if they can pronounce Hare Krishna the way it should be.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to hear a studio cover of "She's a mystery to Me" done by U2 instead of Roy Orbison. I think U2 could do an interesting "Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel too.

- The Zoocifer -

Zoocifer said:
I've always wanted to hear a studio cover of "She's a mystery to Me" done by U2 instead of Roy Orbison. \
- The Zoocifer -

Ditto.
and I'm usually not one for covers.

Black - Pearl Jam
Let it Be - Beatles
Forever Young - Rod Stewart
Redemption Songs/Get up Stand Up -Bob Marley (a full cover)
Black Magic Woman - Santana
Vincent - DOn McClean
Just like a WOman - Bob Dylan
Anything by Blue Rodeo

"there is a light that never goes out" from the smiths.

it's good to be back after almost two years away. after notice all this new design for the forum with all these signatures, photos, quotes, pictures and so on, i feel like i am lost here... in fact i am so surprised that my login is still working. anyway i am yet an u2er so kisses for all of you...

see you around

bedouin fire said:
"there is a light that never goes out" from the smiths.

it's good to be back after almost two years away. after notice all this new design for the forum with all these signatures, photos, quotes, pictures and so on, i feel like i am lost here... in fact i am so surprised that my login is still working. anyway i am yet an u2er so kisses for all of you...

see you around

I love your name! I see that you've been registered for quite some time. Stop by more often and hang out! :)

thank you bonochick. i like your name also and your photo if i may say it. i can see now that my login still works but my older posts from 2000 are no longer available, once that the previous one appears as the first and that is not true. i've put a lot of them in the paleolitic of this forum.

nice to talk with you, and thank you for your attention.

regarding the covers, anything from bauhaus would be interesting: kick in the eye, she's in parties, all we ever wanted...nice

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

Ditto.
and I'm usually not one for covers.

Black - Pearl Jam
Let it Be - Beatles
Forever Young - Rod Stewart
Redemption Songs/Get up Stand Up -Bob Marley (a full cover)
Black Magic Woman - Santana
Vincent - DOn McClean
Just like a WOman - Bob Dylan
Anything by Blue Rodeo

You do know Dylan actually wrote Forever Young, right? ;)

UnforgettableLemon said:

You do know Dylan actually wrote Forever Young, right? ;)

And, incidentally, U2 played a rather shortened acoustic version of it May 24 in Toronto (Dylan's birthday). That doesn't count, of course.

I must say I would like to add myself to the list of people wanting to hear a U2 studio version of She's A Mystery To Me... great song

UnforgettableLemon said:
Atlantic City by Bruce Springsteen

:drool: [color=royal blue]I would die.

"Atlantic City" is the mofodaddy of my Bruce Universe.

I would wanna hear 'em do "Patience" (GnR)
[/color]

One Tree Still said:
Dylan's "Forever Young" and Stewart's "Forever Young" are different songs.

yeah, and stewarts is corny.

David Gray-- Wisdom
Led Zeppelin-- Since I've Been Loving You
Dave Matthews Band-- Gravedigger (this song screams for Bono ;))
Pink Floyd-- Wish You Were Here
Jeff Buckley-- Lover You Should Have Come Over
Bob Marley-- Exodus

Back
Top Bottom