I would not like to stand on Bono's foot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
eek.gif

Irish rocker Bono has admitted that he has paid to have people beaten up according to UK magazine GQ.

"It happens on and off. If I'm not drinking and someone is being a arsehole, then it's likely. I would not like to go into details. I mean it's not cool and it's not something I'm proud of, but sometimes it just happens. It has cost me a few bob along the way but I despise bullies and I was always have."

He went on, "it's one of my earliest memories, it's just probably little-guy syndrome."

Bono also admitted that he is a head butt man. "That's the specialty, the forehead. I'm famous for it."

Even within the band they have have had a few fist fights, "the Edge has tried to take me out a couple of times but in general they are non violent people."

Bono was speaking to GQ magazine

BRING IT ON BONO BABY!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

LMAO Madison! Let's find Bono and step on his foot together.

I only threatend somebody once. I was walking my dog and this woman started yelling at me. She called me a slut, coz my dog peed on a phone boot. I told her that I had my doggie bag and I picked the shit up after my dawg. She kept on yelling so I told her to shut up otherwise she was gonna regret that morning bitterly :blush:

------------------

u2_anim.gif

Masta Cow

Originally posted by mad1:
eek.gif

Irish rocker Bono has admitted that he has paid to have people beaten up according to UK magazine GQ.

"It happens on and off. If I'm not drinking and someone is being a arsehole, then it's likely. I would not like to go into details. I mean it's not cool and it's not something I'm proud of, but sometimes it just happens. It has cost me a few bob along the way but I despise bullies and I was always have."

He went on, "it's one of my earliest memories, it's just probably little-guy syndrome."

Bono also admitted that he is a head butt man. "That's the specialty, the forehead. I'm famous for it."

Even within the band they have have had a few fist fights, "the Edge has tried to take me out a couple of times but in general they are non violent people."

Bono was speaking to GQ magazine

BRING IT ON BONO BABY!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Think he meant in compensation - probably to keep his victims quiet!

Don't think he'd have to pay to get someone beaten up considering how many people there are who'd do anything for him!
biggrin.gif

LMAO at the thought of Edge in a fistfight!
biggrin.gif

sure kids what was that thing that was discussed one time........some old dude mutterin shite to Bono at a gig, what did Bono do again????

Slap him??????

hmmmmmm, WOWY backwards, 'we will slap u, we will slap u'...........these are true hidden messages huh???????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

lol.

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

I think I'd pay to watch Edge belt Bono a good one. Not that I dislike Bono. It would just be interesting. We could make bets and stuff to see who wins.

Watching Larry mudwrestle would be even better fun.

------------------
Goonies never say die!

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 10-03-2001).]

The first rule of fight club is -- you don't talk about fight club.
The second rule of fight club is -- you don't talk about fight club.
The third rule in fight club is -- when someone says "stop" or goes limp, the fight is over.
The fourth rule is -- only two guys to a fight.
Fifth rule -- one fight at a time.
Sixth rule -- no shirts or shoes.
Seventh rule -- fights go on as long as they have to.
And the eighth rule of fight club is -- if this is your first night, you *have* to fight.

biggrin.gif

------------------

u2_anim.gif

Jive Talkin' Choirboy

[This message has been edited by CatDubh (edited 10-03-2001).]

yeah I would pay to watch and bet on Bono and Edge fisticuffin in the back yard............THAT would be so fukin interesting!!!!!!

Hmmmmmm, say if management are reading this.....set it up boys.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Larry could mud-wrestle with Paul? Brian Eno?
hmmmmmm,

No, Larry can mud wrestle with me.

------------------
Goonies never say die!

Originally posted by CatDubh:
LMAO Madison! Let's find Bono and step on his foot together.

I only threatend somebody once. I was walking my dog and this woman started yelling at me. She called me a slut, coz my dog peed on a phone boot. I told her that I had my doggie bag and I picked the shit up after my dawg. She kept on yelling so I told her to shut up otherwise she was gonna regret that morning bitterly :blush:

You should have walked over and thrown the dog shit in her face.I don't generally care what people say about me but when it's people who are supposed to be my friends I get a bit annoyed.I'm not that violent and I don't think I am that strong but anyone who has been on the receiving end argues against that.i leave heads ringing for hours sometimes just with one hit.

LOL

I made the mistake of punching my friend James in the arm with my off hand and he hit back with his good arm and well that was 2 weeks ago and I now have yellow remanents of what was a rather large bruise. The ones that look small can really wallop ya! But Im an equal match for him, proof positive our submission only wrestling match... haha we never did finish that... we both got bored and quit after 20 minutes... Hey bloodied/skeek, remember the soccer ball? LOL lousy fences...

------------------
If you're sexy and you know it clap your hands...

I have to admit this article freaked me out just a little bit. Oh well. It's not entirely clear what exactly he was on about anyway.

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

Originally posted by mad1:
eek.gif

YOU GO BONO!!!! I despise bullies too. Idiots who pick fights and try to make people mad and get peoples' goat really really suck, and if I had the money I would pay to have their asses kicked as well. Cool, Bono!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by NicaMom:
CatDubh seems to know a LOT about fight clubs...I'll stay away from her toes.
eek.gif

I?ll protect ya
smile.gif

*puts on judo suit and black belt
biggrin.gif

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
i can just see a lot of girly hand slaps between Bono and Adam....

LMAO
biggrin.gif

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Back
Top Bottom