I wish Zoo TV Live From Sydney was on DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just watched it :drool: agreed, I'm hoping this gets a DVD release with previously unreleased footage. that would rock.

I'd like to see Zoo TV, PopMart and Red Rocks all get released on DVD with special features (added coverage) ... :bow: :applaud:

Is this ever gonna happen ?? (That's the big question !!) :shrug:

I have it on DVD with TTTYAATW. :wink:

Don't think I've even watched it all the way through once. Still haven't checked out TTTYAATW.

^ I've got that too. :wink:

The only problem is its got Chinese(?) subtitles that I can't get rid of. It's still better than not having it though.

Meghan said:

The only problem is its got Chinese(?) subtitles that I can't get rid of. It's still better than not having it though.

Mine doesn't have subtitles (I've watched about 2/3rds of it) except for Lemon, which has English subtitles and a weird lemon that bounces across each line hitting the words as Bono sings them.

Axver said:

Lemon, which has English subtitles and a weird lemon that bounces across each line hitting the words as Bono sings them.

I have that segment recorded on VHS ... there was a special on TV here back when ZOO TV first came out. That Lemon footage was one of the segments from the concert that was broadcasted along with a few other songs, including the opening of George Bush and his line "We Will, We Will Rock You" :wink:

Axver said:
I have it on DVD with TTTYAATW. :wink:

Don't think I've even watched it all the way through once. Still haven't checked out TTTYAATW.

Hey Axver - you can send it to me - I'll watch it all the way through! u2gracie@yahoo.com.au :wink:

I still kick myself that I didn't tape it all those years ago. :| - we had visitors and I couldn't get the tape working... so I gave up and just watched bits of it but it's been so long I would love to see it again.

There is a rumour...but you probably know about that already :nerd: (that's me!)

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138520&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

Last edited:
I have it on DVD...I ripped the official VHS to DVD...made menus and everything. And I got the TTTYAATW video online and added it as an extra on the DVD.

namkcur.... I have the version w/out subtitles, but it's not chaptered/authored at all, and does not have TTTYAATW, if U'd be interested in trading, let me know. I'm really interested in seeing how yours turned out.

What I really wish is that U2 not only release some of their older videos on DVD, but that they add extras. "Rattle & Hum" has tons of extra footage - some of which has circulated in the bootleg world for years. Why not put some of that high quality footage in there as an extra? Why not have U2 members and/or the director discuss the film? Nothing wrong with U2 saying "well, we thought this idea was great... but now this clearly didn't work". It will show some humility - something I think U2 needs to show more often (in a public setting). Do the same for the ZOO TV, PopMart, Under a Blood Red Sky and any other concert videos. It may take some extra time, but if they are going to release a DVD, do it right.

I think for future DVD releases they should consider adding cool things as extras like putting, Outside is America, Amnesty Self Aid performance, Lovetown Doc, and other things on DVDs as extras.

david said:
I think for future DVD releases they should consider adding cool things as extras like putting, Outside is America, Amnesty Self Aid performance, Lovetown Doc, and other things on DVDs as extras.
Absolutely! :up:

I really hope the Zoo Tv and Popmart shows come with some documentaries. They shot so much stuff during that era. There's got to be some footage on U2's headquarters waiting to be edited into some kind of documentary about those tours.

I need it now. :drool:

definitely liking the dolby 5.1 idea as well
the one i got to tape from the pay per view special i somehow taped in mono
icon24.gif
...awful awful sound

doctorwho said:
Why not have U2 members and/or the director discuss the film?
yes, i'd probably buy/re-buy anything w/ the commentaries audio added on as an extra

"And so we thought it would be the coolest idea to come out of a large mirrorball lemon before 'Discotheque', and there was that Spinal Tap moment we had in Oslo, getting stuck in the lemon...looking back on that...yeah...I'd say that wasn't such a good idea..."

:wink:

Meghan said:

But the quality is *incredible*, theres a little bit of color smear which is notable when you first start watching, but other than that the picture quality looks really sharp.. its one of my favourite bootlegs

Back
Top Bottom