I wish I were in Paradise...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
...Theatre in Boston, the night of March 6th, 1981...I wish I could be there to witness that remarkable show, both shows in fact for they played twice...so full of raw and youthful energy...and hope and belief in the bright path they were building ahead. It's amazing the way they can connect with their small audience...and with me in particular. When I listen to those songs created by boys in their 20's, when I sing along with young Bono I feel like I'm 20's again. And that's a very good feeling.

I only recently got all songs from that performance, something I really wanted to get since I read about that in Carter Alan's book The Road to Pop. And now the more I listen to that performance the more I got addicted to it. Some standouts for me are Stories for Boys and Out of Control (the ones released as b-sides to one of the Sweetest Thing singles) plus The Ocean, And Cat Dubh/Into the Heart and Twilight. There is also a great version of Touch and 2 great ones of 11 O`Clock Tick Tock.

So...my point is...if you don't have that performance, you surely should look for it. And if you have it, would you tell us what do you think or feel about it?

Last edited:
Oh please girls...don?t make me feel sooo old, LOL. In fact I could be there, I?m from our boys generation...but I?m far away from Boston, you know.

Anyways, try to get that one. You won?t regret it.
;)

oh, think twice, cuz its another day for you and me in Paradise...Whoaoooa think twice, cuz its another day for you, you and me in Paradise....

sorry, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Phil Collins!!!

coolhandlaura said:
oh, think twice, cuz its another day for you and me in Paradise...Whoaoooa think twice, cuz its another day for you, you and me in Paradise....

sorry, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Phil Collins!!!

I thought of the same thing but i also thought of

Chesseburger in paradise! by Jimmy Buffet! :lol:

Hi follower **hugs** thanks for the clue. I'll try to find it.
March 6 1981? I was building a house and about to be proposed to:)

I am pleased the others have started singing songs about paradise...it is the first thing I thought of too when i read yout title(surprise , surprise) but I thought I should let the thread run for a while before the fat lady starts singing. (especially as I translate the word "paradise" to mean "a garden")

Dear NicaMom and cass,

I?m feeling much better now, LOL. At least some of you were actually on planet Earth in 1981...not just me and U2 :D

The title is kinda tricky because the name of the place is Paradise Theatre...but I was thinking of paradise more as a synonym for heaven...a noisy heaven, for sure. :D

Girls, that single small show is something, really...only Boy songs, a few but soooo nice. They had to play The Ocean and 11 O?Clock Tick Tock twice. As Bono said in some Elevation concerts introducing 11 O?Clock, "we used to play it twice because we ran out of songs".

I was just telling a dear friend about my little girl singing Out of Control from that performance...in her own way, of course, she doesn?t properly "speaks english", LOL...but she loves the song as much as I do.

:)

O follower, I just told you the most ramblin' tale of mine yet.
It was about music and 2 Pops. but I took way too long.... lesson learned.
My last sentence anyway
Yes U2 are heavenly
:bono: :angel: :edge: :angel: :adam: :angel: :larry: :angel:

NicaMom said:
I'll have to get my hands on that show, it sounds awesome!.
Where was I March 6, 1981?
In Nicaragua, probably wearing my blue and white school uniform, listening to Menudo.:ohmy: :eek:

Menudo!!!!!! AGHHH!!!!!! :no:

Please don't remind me off those times!!!!
Sorry I had a sister that drooled for them night and day, saddly she was not as lucky as you to find the path to good music :D

About that concert Follower is absolutly right, is great! :up:

I think is a most for every fan.

P.S. By the way, Follower is right ALL the time :yes:

P.S. I was alive too at that time.

rafmed said:
P.S. By the way, Follower is right ALL the time :yes:

I feel some latin solidarity here...definitely, LOL

And lots of good taste :D

Btw, soundtrack of this post...Things to Make and Do...guess from what show? LOL at Edge?s "progressive" sound...funky Adam?s bass...great Larry?s drums...not a single drop of Bono?s enchanting voice, LOL

Yeah, I?m that crazy. But I?m having fun. :sexywink:

Last edited:
A club called Paradise, twenty years ago...

Well that's what Bono sang to us in Boston last summer. :love: Paradise theatre is a tinnnny club where the stage comes up just above your waist and to imagine them playing there.. :love:

I have both those shows too Follower and I adore them- the energy and the passion that was in this band from the very beginning is evident. I love how he talks with the crowd at certain points and the snippets he sings (Let's twist again..) aww!

*runs off to listen to this boot again

rafmed said:

Menudo!!!!!! AGHHH!!!!!! :no:

Please don't remind me off those times!!!!
Sorry I had a sister that drooled for them night and day, saddly she was not as lucky as you to find the path to good music :D

Dulces besos, caramelo.
Dulces besos, y tu pelo.
Dulces besos, para so?ar.

What can I say, I was 13 at the time, forced to wear my socks under my knees, not allowed to watch the Blue Lagoon and Nicaragua was in dark.:scream:

valuable lessons:)

"I was just telling a dear friend about my little girl singing Out of Control from that performance...in her own way, of course, she doesn?t properly "speaks english", LOL...but she loves the song as much as I do."

Blessed be to your sweet singing liittle ray of sunshine follower.

Once again your words remind me of something I needed to understand more accurately.

I saw a Balinese woman( in the supermarket of course) on Monday.She has always considered me a friend, i love her, but have always had trouble understanding her heavy accent. I haven't seen her for quite some time( big long long story that). She was using a word to describe me I thought was a bit odd. When I thought about it later, I realised it is because of her limited English vocabulary and what a limited choice of descriptive words she has . She really suffered when she moved to rural Australia from Bali, terribly, such a culture shock. But I am pleased to now understand a bit more how the subtly of language isolates her.

I understood perfectly her parting words...you come visit me, visit me please..........poor Nyomen. I learn a lot from you guys in one way and another . Thanks

She better not hang around with me...she'll end up speaking cassperanto...OH NO!!! I have already filled her in about Bono and U2 :)she wants to come to the concert too. I'll have to hire a bus.

NicaMom said:

Dulces besos, caramelo.
Dulces besos, y tu pelo.
Dulces besos, para so?ar.

What can I say, I was 13 at the time, forced to wear my socks under my knees, not allowed to watch the Blue Lagoon and Nicaragua was in dark.:scream:

AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :no:

*gets nightmarish flashbacks*

let me think, I was about the same age, didn't have the problem of the socks :D and watched the blue lagoon.... yumy! Brooke Shields :yes:

olive....lucky you, you have both shows! I have just the one posted at womanfish.com a few days ago. But it makes me feel so good, LOL

cass...you crack me up! Cool story, really, another U2 fan, now a balinese one ;) And LOL at your cassperanto :D

Lemme tell ya...today, while on my lunch break, I felt like listening to that early Boy Tour show (again, LOL) segued for an October Tour one...Riverboat President 02/11/82 (thanks Crzy4Bono who sent me that one ;)). Nice. Try that sequence, I bet you won?t regret it. ;)

Last edited:
what's a "t" between friends

O follower, once again obrigado.

Your mention of "latin solidarity" had me playing with words agin. I was thinking I wannna join!!!!
My credentials?
My female Irish ancestor, the 20 year old girl that left Wicklow Co. and travelled to Van Dieman's Land in 1856 ( we have a copy of the ship's log). Her name was Margaret LATTIN.

I have always thought "the poor girl...why?" and I presumed I would never know. But d'uh me....hub said "type the name in to a search engine!!"

I can't explain how I felt as the sites appeared, pleased and apprehensive.. I may not find her and the reasons, but there are quite a few references to the name. I haven't been able to follow any of the links yet. I have a huge weekend of soccer( when I said "carnival" I meant kids soccer, not dancing...unfortunately:))
And I also have hub's work scanner on loan for the weekend(shhhh) so I'll shall have to use my electricity for that and not the search for great -great grandmother Maggie. Hopefully I'll find a U2 pic you haven't seen before.

So anyway, thanks for the push ..... I'm bit nervous about what I'll find. The man she married here was from Ireland too, but unknown( suppose that means he was a convict) How many John Byrne's do you reckon were/are in Ireland.?

I just KNOW I am going to reach a point in my search that will require me to travel to Ireland......hope so anyway.

Go Brasil!!!!

PS: One of the first sites on the list was something like
ww.geocities.blah.HEARTLAND.org.
I like that :) encouraging

cass dear, good luck on your search for possible latin roots ;)
And you know..if you need some soundtrack on your quest you can always put on an early U2 show...maybe Paradise Boston March 6 1981, LOL.

Yes, too much is not enough. :love:

Tchau

I have a new term
"Lattin-Australian"
So far there is only me in the club:D

have you seen this one?

Attachments

• u2edge2bono.jpg
    u2edge2bono.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 22
I'll be the Cruel one now...
scrapbookbands.jpg

rafmed, :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

NicaMom said:
I'll be the Cruel one now...
scrapbookbands.jpg

rafmed, :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Silly me that thinked I was safe of Menudo in a U2 forum :no:

its so bad, that I think I will spend some minutes in PLEBA....

:tongue:

A picture of Blue Lagoon would has been better ;)

Por cierto, tengo que pensar como ser mas cruel :D

Last edited:
He started it!:D
I'm an :angel: :yes:

Oh, speaking of Paradise, I found an Irish America magazine yesterday after looking all over it for it.
:drool:
I was looking in the foreign mag. section with no luck, I was heading towards hubby to cry on his shoulder when I saw those baby blues looking at me.:heart:
I turned some heads as I run and squealed towards Bono.:D
Man, that's an amazing pic of the B-man!:cute:

Back
Top Bottom