I will not crack under the pressure!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laurent24

The Fly
I will force myself not to listen to the new songs till the album comes out. No downloads of live performances or other stuff. The only new song I will listen before the new album comes out is Are you gonna wait forever. I always promise myself this before an u2 album comes out and I never succeed in doing this. But I haven't downloaded ABOY and SOBL yet so there is still hope.

I'm doing the same thing. I want to be surprisded the first time I hear the new album in its entirity. Downloading some of the songs prior to the release of ATYCLB ruined the "Christmas present" effect!

Last edited:
Keep in mind that these clips are very fuzzy, and there's sections missing from the songs. They're honestly only slightly better than those beach clips, due to the lack of waves and more complete songs.

I admire your courage, though. :wink:

I cracked and listened to em a bunch yesterday, but today I listened to them one last time in all their glory and deleted them from my computer for good.

I won't hear these songs again until the album comes out!! I also resisted listening to Love and Peace.

starsgoblue said:
Why toruture yourself? Just waiting for the album is bad enough....

Well it's not so bad once you get over the initial temptation. I had to keep myself from downloading the LAPOE for a few hours then it was pretty easy and I didn't really think about it. I almost forgot the clip even existed!!

It's not so bad.

Yeah, I'm doing the same thing. NO NEW SONGS UNTIL NOVEMBER 23rd! It's been tough, though...I've been reading all these comments regarding "City of Blinding Lights" as one of the best songs U2 have done recently....I hope I can hold out for another month :crack:

I suggest anyone who wants to stay away, listen to the song "Playboy Mansion" over and over and over again :)

Very admirable.

I cracked. "Vertigo" and "City of Blinding Lights" I'll make it up to the band. I just couldn't help myself. Only two though. That's my limit by gum.

Call me a hedonist...but I really don't see the "point" of waiting. I mean the version we are all raving about is going to be nothing in comparision to the real thing. It hasn't dampened my anticipation for the new album....if anything it's been augmented and intensified!

Good luck to all our 'holy vessels of Interference' :wink:

laurent24 said:
I will force myself not to listen to the new songs till the album comes out. No downloads of live performances or other stuff. The only new song I will listen before the new album comes out is Are you gonna wait forever. I always promise myself this before an u2 album comes out and I never succeed in doing this. But I haven't downloaded ABOY and SOBL yet so there is still hope.

Step away from the computer!

Yeah, it's old fashioned, but that moment when you rip off the cellophane and flip through that CD booklet while the first song plays...it's a slice of heaven. Again, though, I definetly folded. It's not my fault U2 writes killer songs. Couldn't wait no mo.

Back
Top Bottom