I Will Follow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
What a terrific song this is!! Since it's such an oldie I think it often gets overlooked. But it's a song that really represents a lot of things in this band around the central theme of unconditional love (Bono's awe in the love mothers have for their children, how he felt he never received this himself, the commitment the band members have to each other, Bono's commitment to Ali).

We got this song through all the tours- War to The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, Lovetown, Pop & Elevation (skipping only AB- which is chock full of its own greatness). It is so recognizable to even casual U2 fans and gets the crowd pumping. Then on the Elevation Tour Bono transformed the song even more adding his "ring those bells, Edge... you've changed, you've changed me.." singing/wanderings in the middle of it. And how he goes off durling "your eyes.. your eyes your Eyyyeesss..!!" :happy:

I Will Follow

thosepants.jpg

A sentimental favorite of mine because it's the first U2 song I ever heard. I'd never heard anything like it because it had this kind of raw spiritual energy in it. It's still an amazing song.

verte76 said:
I'd never heard anything like it because it had this kind of raw spiritual energy in it.

:up: I love that description of it!

Bono playing the guitar in the Elevation tour was great- how he'd throw his head forward and everything. Looked good at least :D

Plus.. the video is just priceless!!

334%3C%3B66%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D897%3D3%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A869%3C846ot1lsi

334%3C%3B66%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323995%3A%3B874nu0mrj

oliveu2cm said:
We got this song through all the tours- War to The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, Lovetown, Pop &

Well, they did play I Will Follow at least once during the Zooropa tour. In Rotterdam on 10 May 1993 they played it during the B-stage set.

C ya!

Marty

Re: Re: I Will Follow

Popmartijn said:

Well, they did play I Will Follow at least once during the Zooropa tour. In Rotterdam on 10 May 1993 they played it during the B-stage set.

C ya!

Marty

Cool! I stand corrected.

So it was played (at least once) during every single tour they've ever done! I will follow indeed!

I Will Follow...a trademark U2 song...that originated this lame nickname I use, LOL.

Now seriously, I love it. Big news, uh? :D My fave version is still from Popmart in S?o Paulo...gotta shake along with the whole Morumbi Stadium...and a few 100.000 nuts as well. :laugh::laugh:

:love:

It really did have that raw spiritual energy to it........it absolutely knocked my socks off. I started to call the radio station every day to request it and got my friends in on the act. I'd never heard of the band, and wanted to find out more about them. This was December, 1981. I had to wait a year and a half to get the info but it was well worth the wait. Thus started my interesting U2 journey..........

well this is the song that really got me sayin.."wow, what the hell?"in a good-great way

my friend gave me this compilation tape of U2, to get me into them. i knew the likes of Pride and new years day and i was in love with WOWY, but i just let the tape run one day and this song came on. keep in mind i didnt know anything about U2, and all id been exposed to before would have been the above mentioned and maybe Discotheque etc. but this song just completely threw me. Completely. His voice, the guitar, i duno there just seemed to be such a sense of urgency and innocense about it..which was completely different to the u2 i knew...the u2 in their ironic stage.

so, i said"wow, what the hell?", in a good-great-way.

awesome song! i remember when i first bought the cd...all i'd heard was the video version (i never heard it on the radio till i started listening to classic rock stations) and i was like wtf??

but after i got over the :huh: i was all :dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom