I went to the flea market and look what I bought...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
I bought this tape for $1 at the Flea Market today.

U2.JPG

UF.jpg

Oddly enough, last weekend I went to Amoeba records in LA and got that same album on 12" vinyl for 5 dollars!! Too bad my car doesn't have a record player! Hehe, thankfully I have on in my bedroom :p

I found Wideawake in America on tape at a Goodwill for 99 cents a couple months ago though.

david said:
UF.jpg

Oddly enough, last weekend I went to Amoeba records in LA and got that same album on 12" vinyl for 5 dollars!! Too bad my car doesn't have a record player! Hehe, thankfully I have on in my bedroom :p

I found Wideawake in America on tape at a Goodwill for 99 cents a couple months ago though.

LOL I don't think they ever made cars with record players love. Your record looks better than my tape :(

isabelle_guns said:

LOL I don't think they ever made cars with record players love. Your record looks better than my tape :(

Hrmm your tape seems to be missing the live version of 'A Sort of Homecoming.'

And I can't believe 2004 cars come with tape decks! That is amazing. I only have a tape deck because, well, I drive a car made in 1992.

My 2001 car also still has a tape deck. It is integrated into the whole dashboard though (not just the tape deck, but the radio too and the controls for my CD changer). Haven't ever used it though.

*who is one of the lucky ones to have the Australian version of The Unforgetable Fire 12"*

C ya!

Marty

Our car has a tape deck as well (it's probably a 2001/2002ish model). I still use tapes b/c I bike/run with a walkman.

Popmartijn said:
My 2001 car also still has a tape deck. It is integrated into the whole dashboard though (not just the tape deck, but the radio too and the controls for my CD changer). Haven't ever used it though.

*who is one of the lucky ones to have the Australian version of The Unforgetable Fire 12"*

C ya!

Marty

That one has A Sort of Homecoming Live with Edge on background vocals during the chorus right?

Wow, that's cool. I've never seen that before (and I originally bought UF on vinyl and then on cassette so I could play in the car)!

david said:

I bought that record for $1 at a garage sale last summer! It does skip a little, but who cares?

My car only has a tape player, so I still buy cheapo cassettes at Goodwill, flea markekts or garage sales if I find good ones (well, at least I used to. I decided to quit after I realized I wasn't even playing half of them). I've seen U2 cassettes on sale there several times, and it made me sad to see such great work lying in the bargain bin along with Paula Abdul and Milli Vanilli tapes. I was tempted to buy them and give them a home, even though I already have my U2 CDs copied to tape for listening in the car!

isabelle_guns said:
sadly enough, they did!! i've seen pics of cars with them. i think they just held 7" records, but gee i wonder why they didn't take off?! :hmm:

david said:
UF.jpg

Oddly enough, last weekend I went to Amoeba records in LA and got that same album on 12" vinyl for 5 dollars!!

I bought mine there too for $4.95 a few years ago :up:

yeah i know! i also saw a picture of a car with a car phone in it from the 40s or 50s. where the hell did i see some of this crap? i must've been watching the history channel or something.

Don't you love it when you find U2 stuff cheap!!! I have a 2002 Ford Escape as well and it also has a tape deck. All my early U2 stuff are in tape (before I could actually aford CD's during school)
The last thing I found was the zooropa tape for $.50. I was excited :p

:wink: :applaud: for the cheap deals on *Gr-8* music!! :wink: I guess people over the years have proven what lenght they will go for their music..ah! lol!:wave: HERE-I wave for tapes, cds, records or whatever will play what I want to listen to!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom