I went to a wedding yesterday and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
...one of the songs played was So Cruel! It was the first dance! (no, I'm just joking about that second bit)

I sat it out (it was sort of a fastish slow dance) but it was neat to hear it anyway!

For anyone who's interested, the first dance was that Richard Marx song "I will be right here waiting for you." Before you start gagging, I thought it was a really sweet choice. Particularly because the first line is "Oceans apart..." and she's from Japan, he's from right here in Canada.

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

Actually, "Right Here Waiting" is one of my fave songs, seeing as how my fiance and I live so far apart.

I want my first dance with drgnwolf1969 to be to "All I Want Is You".
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Wow-'So Cruel'-I have always considered that to be a pretty 'bitter' song. I always think it's about Edge and his first wife.

Interesting choice for a wedding-but it sure is a beautiful song.

No Sting songs?
wink.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Interesting choice for a wedding-but it sure is a beautiful song.

Nothing tops my brother's wedding when it comes to most inappropriate songs... they played "Yesterday" as the bride and groom left the building
biggrin.gif

This was in Peru, and it was the instrumental--perhaps the lyrics were not looked into.

That is cool that they played So Cruel, and yes it is also an interesting choice!

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

No Sting songs?
wink.gif

Hehe...well, there hadn't been any by the time I left anyway... and I kind of doubt it. The groom, who knows I like (love) Sting, likes to refer to Desert Rose as that "aeeeiioooowwwwww" song in my hearing.

I don't know who chose So Cruel, I don't know that either of them like U2 that much. It might have been another friend who slipped it in there.

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

Back
Top Bottom