I Walk The Line Tribute Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was one of the best TV performances U2 ever gave - and I've been following them for 25 years.

I honestly can't imagine how someone could have found fault with that performance.

It was heartfelt and moving. :hug:

If people on this board can't appreciate that performance, then all hope is lost

That was definitely cool. Nothing earth-shattering, but just the fact that they played it is pretty amazing. I wish they hadn't changed the "and a gun" lyric...and I hate to say it but Bono's voice was nothing compared to Johnny Cash's on that song, but that's kind of the point. I mean, that's why they recorded it with Cash and all, since it was obviously made for him. I am glad that Bono didn't try to hard to sound like Cash. The way he sung it was beautiful anyway... he looked so shy :cute:

Overall solid performance :up: better than all the other shit by a mile.

Here's an AAC of the performance. Unfortunately, it has a few skips every so often =/ I'm sure someone will post a better copy soon.

http://s58.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=209U3N6P050MZ3KJC3857TSVWK

If you download, please re-upload a copy!

Help a West Coaster out ... what time during the show did U2 show up? Looked like maybe 8:30? Ish?

Thanks, inmyplace13!

Is your name a reference to the Coldplay song? That song is so beautiful ... it just shimmers. :heart:

That was great, some real nice guitar as well, Edge was excellent all round the board. :wink:

I just rewatched it, and I definitely liked it more the second time around, though I must say that the "waa waa waa waa wandering"s did sound a hell of a lot like "Runaway."

mabel said:
I just rewatched it, and I definitely liked it more the second time around, though I must say that the "waa waa waa waa wandering"s did sound a hell of a lot like "Runaway."

I'm pretty sure they were supposed to...

Right? There's less than no way something like that could have been accidental. It's just so obvious and such a well-known "oldie," you know?

Thanks for uploading that (I'm on the west coast!) It is SO awesome to finally hear Bono sing this song! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom