I Walk The Line Tribute Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had to listen to this song at least 50 times....still as amazing as the first time I heard it.

That person who goes out and buys "zooropa" may be in for a surprise if they are expecting more of the same.

Jamila said:
I thought it was one of the best TV performances U2 ever gave - and I've been following them for 25 years.

I honestly can't imagine how someone could have found fault with that performance.

It was heartfelt and moving. :hug:

Live Aid, Amnesty International, SuperBowl and now CMA.

Awesome performance!

Mind blowing performance. Yet more proof that the band needs to take more chances with their setlists on this tour. I worry sometimes that U2 doesn't realize how amazing a lot of their less popular songs still are, and they gather dust sitting on the shelf, and instead we get a zillionth rendition of "Pride" instead...

Beautiful version of the song -- I love the "wa-wa-wa" countermelody from Edge. Sounds like 50's doo-wop

very impressed with the performance...very impressed indeed.

play this guys.....COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also liking Bono's singing more and more - my favorite part now is after the solo, when they both sing, and the falsetto right at the end.

after watching this gorgeous version of my 2nd favorite song off of Zooropa (and a candidate for Bono's best lyrics) -- the BF was kind enough to TiVO it for me -- and then watching Edge tear shit up in Zoo Station on the Chicago DVD, i'm beginning to think that, if it's possible, Edge is only beginning to tap into his potential. Bono is Bono, there's no one else like him, but it seems to me that Edge is even more indispensible, that he's their singular genius always lurking in the shadows away from Bono's spotlight and now that he's started to evolve as both a musician and as a performer, this makes me tremendously excited for the future of U2. sadly, i don't see Bono's voice getting any better as time and constant touring is taking it's toll (though he's as effective as ever as a showman); in contrast, Edge seems to be just getting started and just starting to realize the depths of his amazing talents -- Bono's line about "new emotional territory" is a perfect summation of Edge's guitar playing, and to hear the most gorgeous falsetto i've heard since Brian Wilson ... it does make the fingers tingle and the hairs stand up on the back of one's head.

let's hear it for Edge!

:edge:

Irvine511 said:
after watching this gorgeous version of my 2nd favorite song off of Zooropa (and a candidate for Bono's best lyrics) -- the BF was kind enough to TiVO it for me -- and then watching Edge tear shit up in Zoo Station on the Chicago DVD, i'm beginning to think that, if it's possible, Edge is only beginning to tap into his potential. Bono is Bono, there's no one else like him, but it seems to me that Edge is even more indispensible, that he's their singular genius always lurking in the shadows away from Bono's spotlight and now that he's started to evolve as both a musician and as a performer, this makes me tremendously excited for the future of U2. sadly, i don't see Bono's voice getting any better as time and constant touring is taking it's toll (though he's as effective as ever as a showman); in contrast, Edge seems to be just getting started and just starting to realize the depths of his amazing talents -- Bono's line about "new emotional territory" is a perfect summation of Edge's guitar playing, and to hear the most gorgeous falsetto i've heard since Brian Wilson ... it does make the fingers tingle and the hairs stand up on the back of one's head.

let's hear it for Edge!

:edge:

wow, Im absolutley amazed, I spoke to my mom as she'd just erased the show because she was really disappointed with this performance. All I can say is, she was soo wrong...

luckily that didn't stop her from buying me the Vertigo DVD.

and thanx to those who went to the trouble of ripping and uploading that track.

Back
Top Bottom