I Trip Through Your Wires Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asr

Acrobat
My personal favorite off the 'Tree'.

Anybody else feel the sme way?

It's not my favorite off of TJT but it does get unjustly maligned around here. It's an awesome, awesome song. On most albums that would be a standout track. On The Joshua Tree, it gets drowned out by the amazingness that surrounds it. It deserves a little more respect.

WAYYYYYYYYYY underrated.

Apparently, transcendent atmospherics are the only sound welcome on the Joshua Tree.

this song fucking owns.....and for me, it fits perfectly in the sequence of tracks....If I'm listening to the whole album, it feels just right as the song after In God's Country....great song, great placement on the album...love the mood of it, the harmonica, the drums....it's great!

Great song, absolutely love it. Some of the b sides were just as good, if not better, but Trip just fits in perfectly!

i appreciate it. certainly not their best work or my favorite song, but it is very unique to the catalog. it's got a great title.

IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN

:lol: Awesome.

I agree---this song gets bashed too much here. It's not my favorite from JT...hard to be with so many gems. But I always enjoy it when it's on.

Yes, I absolutely adore this song (note that there is actually no "I" in the title). On most of the JT-tour concerts, they played this tune 4th off the top, and it really worked -- just a joyous, uplifting song.

One of the things I love about "Trip Through Your Wires" is that it is so unlike standard U2 of the mid-80s. It's really FUNKY, which U2, in general, are not. That bass-line is so simple and so brilliant. It just grabs you and swings you back and forth. I love it!

Back
Top Bottom