I think Tonight is THE night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
To rip out ZooTV

icon18.gif
vs.
icon16.gif
dance of the ages

wooohoo!!

Trambants and armyguy and tvs oh my!

------------------
Print shirts and southern accents
Cigars and big hair

*U2TakeMeHigher*

OH yeah. I wonder who will win. this is all I have to say:

"I danced every night under a mirror ball with a young lady from the Zoo TV crowd. Every night during 'Love Is Blindness'. They were amazing. I love it so much. Some nights I fell in love. I never really spoke to these people, but that's okay."- Bono in 1995

I just bought the ZooTV video this week. Definitely not an ordinary show. Some of it I really liked, and other parts were just so bizarre. I like the first group of songs with Bono in "The Fly" character. Numb I thought sounded awful, and Sattelite Of Love I thought was a waste. The encore with Bono as MacPhisto is so wierd. I defintey think the rest of the Zooropa songs were better live. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed car sounded so much better than on the album.

[This message has been edited by ericb (edited 05-03-2002).]

I just got home from the bars and I'm watching Popmart from Mexico City...that's my favorite video...

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

oh my! sounds like an interesting evening!

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Good call, olive!

My students are coming over tonight for an end-of-semester pizza party. I'll definitely be busting out the U2, but I think we'll watch the Elevation DVD.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
My students are coming over tonight for an end-of-semester pizza party. I'll definitely be busting out the U2, but I think we'll watch the Elevation DVD.

Awesome! I wish my profs were as cool as you, HeartlandGirl!
smile.gif

Bono is exceptionally hot in ZOOTV. It's worth watching just for that
wink.gif
It's very entertaining. I never knew how cool MacPhisto was until I bought this tape. I think it is the best U2 video by far.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 05-04-2002).]

Originally posted by ericb:
I just bought the ZooTV video this week. Definitely not an ordinary show. Some of it I really liked, and other parts were just so bizarre. I like the first group of songs with Bono in "The Fly" character. Numb I thought sounded awful, and Sattelite Of Love I thought was a waste. The encore with Bono as MacPhisto is so wierd. I defintey think the rest of the Zooropa songs were better live. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed car sounded so much better than on the album.

I'm really sorry I missed out on ZooTv. I'll always love "Numb." I just WILL. I LOVE their cover of Satelitte of Love. Beautiful...And, yeah, I never understand the whole Macphisto thing. I find him very frightening...I don't know. Maybe you had to be there...One night my brother's girlfriend was over. She has a couple U2 albums, JT and ATYCLB, I think. I was watching the Zootv show and when Macphisto came on, she was just like, "WHAT?!" I couldn't explain it to her. *sigh*

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by wertsie:

And, yeah, I never understand the whole Macphisto thing. I find him very frightening...I don't know. Maybe you had to be there...One night my brother's girlfriend was over. She has a couple U2 albums, JT and ATYCLB, I think. I was watching the Zootv show and when Macphisto came on, she was just like, "WHAT?!" I couldn't explain it to her. *sigh*

Mock the devil and he will flee from you.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Originally posted by Se7en:
Mock the devil and he will flee from you.

Okay I confess when I first saw a pic of Bono dressed as the devil it bugged me. I mean, him having been such a holier type person and I had admired him for that. Then I saw MacPhisto in action, and I knew it was okay, and cool, and that very quote right there was true. Bono knew what he was doing! But remember the answering machine from those days where Jordan goes, "if this is Daddy Mommy says don't come home until you take off the horns" so maybe Ali was a little bugged too for awhile!

Sorry to go off-topic here, but am i the only one who was wayyyy of when reading the title of the thread?

biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom